Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:
Angry very frustrated with my body

Been on this diet faithfully for 3 months and only lost 5 pds. I'm sick of meat, eggs anything legal. I'm frustrated and bored with it, and I have been craving carbs non-stop. While I have turned my head and not eaten anything bad in the last few months today I caved and have 4 yes, 4!!! slices of cake which now I am even madder at myself and had to take tylenol to counteract a major headache.

I took everything away that I thought was stalling me out. Gave up shakes, bars, breve's at my favorite espresso stand

It's very depressing and to top it off, dbf has lost almost all of his extra weight in the last 6 weeks. HE proudly walks around, while I remain fat. He gloats in my face and I just wanna deck him, I am that depressed over my friggin body. I cannot fit into any of those cute summer clothes I rewarded myself with last year for losing all of my weight.

I lost weight faster on weight watchers as sad as it is. but I feel better on Atkins so what the heck to do I do?!?!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:13

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

Hey, 1busymama--maybe you need to read up on the induction plase and the exact requirements. I know that whipped cream and mock ice cream are not on it. (I peeked at your journal). Unfortunately, we must BREAK our addictive habits first , then let our bodies adjust. That can be followed by OWL phase, and then you can find some great substitutes for your old favorites.

Are you able to exercise in some form regularly, even if that just means pushing a kid in a stroller for 20 minutes a day? And hey, heavy housework counts too, in my book!

And don't forget the infamous water-oh yeah, and be sure to take in enough protein, fat and overall calories, too-it can be a bit tricky, but you can do it!!

All the Best to you, and keep up the good efforts-

#3   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:19
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

First off, I would suggest that you post a normal days menu. After 3 months I am sure you know what you are doing, but maybe you are missing something that someone else can pick up on. There are some very smart people here. Do you track your food on fitday? I know if I do not get my fat intake into the 65 to 70% range I really don't go anywhere. You could try giving it an another month and hope your body kicks in. But maybe Atkins just isn't working for you, and you may decide to go back to WW.

You can always tell the bf that is he doesn't shut up your gonna sit on him!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:25
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

You might want to check out the Turtle Club forum. There might be some really good tips and hints for slow losers out there and I think 5 pounds in 3 months qualifies as slow.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:29

BF:
Progress:

I stopped writing in that journal a LONG time ago.....

I gave all of that up, and have been at the friggin basics for the last few months or so with NOTHING. All I eat pretty much is

eggs
low sodium bacon (only on occassion at this point out of desperation)
3 cups salad with a couple of tbsp of regular ranch
meat, meat and more meat.
ham/cheese roll-ups.

I tried branching out to different foods like the LC tortillas and then gave them all up again cause I still was not losing weight.

I stopped fitday to, because I never have the time to sit down and write in the darn thing and found the website frustrating to journal in.

excercise is a joke but I try to walk where ever I go.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:32
Slothy Superhero

Have you lost any inches?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:37

BF:
Progress:

Nope. Not that I am aware of, the last time I measured it said the same measurements, that was 1.5 weeks ago. I will measure myself in the next few days I wanted to make sure I was de-puffed from being on my cycle. I don't weigh or measure myself during that time, it's a waste and it's depressing.

I'm just really frustrated, with dbf gloating in my face this morning to stepping on the scale to see the same friggin pounds and craving carbs non-stop for the last 3 days.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:41
Slothy Superhero

You know I get cravings and am really hungry right before I get a small wooshie. I also crave when I have TOM-I crave really bad. I also usually lose a pound or two a week after my TOM. Maybe you are getting ready to lose some.

I hate gloaters. Especially male who lose faster because they don't have the body fat that women do gloaters. I know some jujitsu, want me to take him down for ya?
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:47

BF:
Progress:

LMAO!! Yes, please do!!!!

I thought to I was going to have a whoosh but nothing nada zippo. I guess that is primarily why I gave in and ate the cake, just figured I was not gonna lose anyway......
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 16:52
Slothy Superhero

Well, you might be retaining some water tomorrow from the cake today. Don't be discouraged if you do-it is temporary and will come off again in a couple of days.

Definately measure and see if that has changed any. I lose inches a lot faster than I lose weight. I am averaging about 3 pounds a month, but my waist seems to be shrinking faster than that.

Practicing my arm bar to take him down.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 17:23
Registered Member

Stats: 237/196/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

1Busymomma,

You have 4 kids, are any of them under a year or two old? I ask because many woman experience thyroid problems after childbirth and nursing and if you are under 50, it isn't an automatic check at your annual physical. Thyroid problems could definatly undermine your efforts.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 17:32

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally posted by Puggy
1Busymomma,

You have 4 kids, are any of them under a year or two old? I ask because many woman experience thyroid problems after childbirth and nursing and if you are under 50, it isn't an automatic check at your annual physical. Thyroid problems could definatly undermine your efforts.

Yep, thyroid problems, was gonna suggest that too. When I first was diagnosed I had gained 40 pounds in 5 months! I wasn't eating any differently but the weight just went up.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 18:33
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi 1busymomma! Don't weigh tomorrow just get back on Atkins. Maybe it is your thyroid. Do you know what test to ask for? Or maybe you have a yeast problem?

I am going to see my doctor tomorrow about getting a yeast test. I have been "resting" at 161 since May 7th I think and while I know I can't call that a stall I think something is wrong. I just want to check to be sure it isnt yeast or thyroid.

I measured and I don't think that I lost any inches and my TOM was done last week. I feel fatter and I tried on stuff and they felt tight. I'm not sure if it is in my mind or not.

Don't give up.

Peace
red

p.s. it's not nice that he is gloating.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 18:38
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Cake.
I want cake.
Maybe 2 cakes.

But I suppose I better lose another 75 pounds or so before I even think about cake.

although....you do have me thinking about cake.

Hmmm....

I will now go to the kitchen and make a cake using tuna and mayo...it will be a fish-cake of sorts. I think I will decorate it with little bits of radish, just for color.

I am swallowing a packet of Splenda as I am writing...I suppose there are those that would "snort" it...

I loved cake...and deep in my heart I still do.

But, I suppose I will never have that relationship with cake again.

Damn.... War is Tough.

Best to all;
Jake
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 18:47

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Jake, you're funny!