Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/141/132 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Can't help being suspicious...

Has anyone thought that one of their low carb treats tasted so good that it might just be the real thing that someone has false marketed? Or am I just going mad?
I just had a 'Nutriwize Nutrition' classic brownie and it tasted just divine! I don't know where they are made but I ordered them in the U.K. Anyone heard of this brand?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:31

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

LOL...this cracked me up.

No, can't say I've ever mistaken a diet coke for the real thing, or fake ice cream for the real thing.

However, on the opposite extreme, the fears of "this ice cream tastes so good, I might never stop eating it" reality has crept into my mind, now and again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:33

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default nope

I can tell the difference
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:37

Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Re: Can't help being suspicious...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jac74
Has anyone thought that one of their low carb treats tasted so good that it might just be the real thing that someone has false marketed? Or am I just going mad?
I just had a 'Nutriwize Nutrition' classic brownie and it tasted just divine! I don't know where they are made but I ordered them in the U.K. Anyone heard of this brand?

Yeah, I'm laughing along with Frederick, but because I totally agree with you. I start getting that paranoia going.....thinking OMG! this lo carb chocolate bar is TOO good to be good for me!!! But then I mellow out and try to make myself remember that the low carb gods are not against me. Some of that low carb stuff really does taste good. In chocolates, the only thing really missing is the sugar and that can be replaced with splenda without much noticible taste difference. In the brownie? Well, in addition to the splenda, the replacement they use for wheat flour must be masked quite well with the cocoa......so relax, and enjoy your new find
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I had an LC chocolate chip muffin. It was manufacturered by Nutriwise or Nutriwize. But it wasn't your company, because the company was from Queens, New York (maybe it was Flushing or Jamaica?) It was awfully good. I purchased the muffins from an LC specialty store near me. When I bought them, the manufacturer included a little sheet of paper with some nutritional info on it. The next time I went back to that store (I still have four of the six pack in the freezer), I noticed no longer did the mfr. include any nutritional info. The store had a piece of paper up by the freezer touting the LC-ness of the different kinds of muffins. The chocolate chip muffins were 5g. If memory serves me correctly (and I remember ALL sorts of trivial things), the serving size for 5g was 1/2 muffin. Now, who stops eating after 1/2 muffin? That has made me a bit wary of the LC specialty store. Good luck on your LC journey!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/227/150 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am right there with you....I was feeling the same about eating the atkins cookies and cream bar....gosh was that good......

It works the other way too with regular food....like for lunch I found myself dipping bacon in blue cheese dressing....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:16
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I wondered that about the Keto Crispies cereal!! But they have a pretty good rep so I am sure it's really LC.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:19
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The Keto Krisp cereal isn't that bad, but it is no where near the real thing. And the moisture sucking soy part lets in on the LC secret. Hmm thinking of having a bowl now, craving. Dang it not that hungry and need something higher in fat for ratios.