Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/280/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post hashimoto's

Hi Lichen, I too have Hashimoto's and have started to loose weight on Atkins. It took a long time for me to be diagnosed, and when I finally had been I had gained lots of weight. I take Armour thyroid tabs and they are great for me. I know it must be really frustrating when you have another prob on top of the thyroid and it's difficult to get your meds right, also the prob you have can be thyroid related, hang on in there though and hopefully things will work out for you. I wish you all the best, Sharon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 06:15

Stats: 201/154/140 Female 5ft4inches
BF:yes it is
Progress: 77%
Unhappy sorry to interupt

Hi bunner it's Hev ,
just to let you know i've worked out how to start a journal and if you want a chat you can contact me through that.
see ya Hev
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:09
Registered Member

BF:
Post journal

Hi Hev, good to hear form you again, I got lost trying to find how to do stuff on this forum, anyway let me know how you start a journal, and how to contact you through it, how's it going anyway? I've lost 5lbs not too bad, and back in the gym, so hopefully will get there, keep me informed, Thanks, also my name is Sharon what is yours?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:28

Thumbs up 5lb's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey bunner,
or should I say Sharon, 5lb's is fantastic. It's my weigh in tonight ahhhhh! My name is Heather (my nick-name is Hev), very Scottish eh. You can talk to me on my journal by clicking on the journal icon at the bottom of any of my posts like this one . To start your own go to home page, scroll down to the part where it mentions journal, they are listed alphabetically so click on the letter that coresponds with your tag and just start a new thread , at first it feels like your going to be writing another post but your not .And next time you see one of your posts it will have the journal icon at the bottom.
Have you heard me....icon,thread,scroll, you'd think I'd been using p.c.'s forever!
Speak soon and WELDONE!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 15:21
Registered Member

BF:
Post CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

HI Hev WELLDONE 6lbs is brilliant, doesn't it feel good? Especially with hypo, I wish I'd known about this WOE long ago, it is sooo hypo friendly. What's weird is I'm into week 2 and I feel thinner, it's bloody amazing. Anyway I did have a wee cheat the other day I ate some popcorn, I didn't gain anything though. So I'm definitely back on track. i can't wait for people to notice that I'm loosing weight, and hopefully this is it for good. My new WOE and WOL, I feel much more energetic too. And my allergies are getting better, seems like i'm allergic to everything since becoming hypo, anyway GOOD JOB and keep it up, i'll start a journal in a few weeks i've got too much other stuff goin on right now. I'm going on holiday for 2weeks from this weekend so if you don't hear keep up the good work, and i'll be in contact when i return. This will be the test for me, to stay l'cing during these holiday weeks. Let me know how you are doing. Sharon/Bunner
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 06:32

Cool bon voyage

Hi sharon cheers for the incouragment and have a fantastic holiday see you in 2 weeks.
Hev