Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 22:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default To those of you who are losing dramatic amounts of weight....

I think you are incredible.

My stepmother is about 325 lbs, and not a happy woman. She has myriad health problems, and can hardly get around. She feels left out often when my father and I go hiking or walking on the beach, for example.

I see the pain in her eyes when we all go out to dinner and people give her looks of disgust and hate when she eats her dinner. She cannot spend too much time playing with her young son because she has no energy and is just not able to "play."
She is going to give Atkin's a try after seeing how wonderfully energetic and healthy I have become in just this past 5 weeks.

Anyhow, when I see you all losing so much weight and sticking to this diet so rigidly, I am impressed and motivated. Thank you for all of your advice and support!

I feel so much more healthy and happy lately, and it's all because of this WOE. It amazes me to learn just how important it is to eat healthy and exercise.

Also, my mother and one of my sister-in-law are planning on trying this WOE (though one is a picky woman & a vegetarian, so she is worried it might not be a reasonable diet for her...).

I am so glad I picked up Dr. Atkins book!

amyxo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/157/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Hello

I agree with you that reading the success of others on Atkins is a real motivator to keep doing it. Congrats on your weight loss !!!
I started the diet about 3 and a half weeks ago and lost 14 lbs. only to gain 8 of them back during a cheat day at an amusement park but the weight I gained back is now coming off quickly...Thank Goodness !!!
I lost 30 lbs. last year on Atkins and quit due to a pregnancy and gained a good bit of it back. I am now again on Atkins cause I know it works.
Sorry to hear of your stepmother but am hoping maybe you could encourage her to try this diet in a subtle non-offernsive way. Tell her she will feel so much healthier and better about herself.
My Mom is heavy and we are doing it together....no better way !!!

[COLOR=red]
You can do it !!![/ COLOR]