Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 02:59
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/350/150 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: -32%
Default long time lurker first time poster

Hi... I have been lurking around the forum for a coupla of months now and would like to thank everyone for helping make LCing a WOL this time around for me instead of just a diet.

The last time i LCed I did not know about daikon, DDPQ, or low carb tortillas, just to name a couple of favorites.

The first time for me was back in Jan of 98, I was at about 265, and my DW was at about 200. My DW also had just found out about her thyroid function being low, and was put on meds for that. By July we were down to 205 and 140. That was when the "it was just a diet" thinking started, we started going back to our old ways of eating, thinking if we gained too much weight we could always go back on induction and lose the little bit we gained. BAD IDEA. My DW was lucky and stayed around 140. I on the other hand was around 250 jan of 2002. We then had a strange coincidence, she had huge gallstones and had her gallbladder removed, a month later I found out my gallbladder was disseased and it was removed also. After that I started ballooning up 5 to 10 pounds a month. Until Feb 2003 when I saw that ugly 302 when I got on a scale. That got my attention.
So on Feb 11 2003 My DW and I started LCing again (she was still around 140) I found this forum sometime in march and joined just to be able to use the search function for finding recipees and info, but I thought it was a good time to chime in with thanks and to let other people know that this WOL can work for many people.

I started at 302 and now 3 months later I am down to 250, and my DW is down to 126 ( she hasn't been that light for over 20 years. She is moving on to maintennance while I still have a way to go. But I know I will make it there. If I did it right here is a picture of me at a buffaloe wing eating contest back when I was around 200#.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw3cropped.jpg (27.2 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 06:05
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations on your success! I find inspiration in those of you who have walked the path ahead of me. Way to go!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:43

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Welcome

Hi Steven,

Its good to meet you, hope you stay around for a while and well done on all your success.

Graeme
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:45

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Exclamation WOW

What a great success story for both you and your wife! It's great that you can do this together. Hope you'll share some of your 'secrets' with us.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Default HI!

Welcome...so glad you decided to come out of the "lurking closet"! I'm sure we will benefit from your insight and encouragement as much as we'll benefit from yours!

Nicole
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 08:41

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Nice Story!!!

Yours is a good reminder that this IS a lifetime WOL.

I congratulate you and the "little" woman (no offense intended) on your success!!! Hope to hear updates.

Cheers!

BrewWA
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:34
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Welcome. I am glad you found your way back to low carbing.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:51
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome Steven!! I see you are in MN. We are practically neighbors (I'm in ND). Hope to see more of you around TDC. Good luck!!