Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 21:24

Plan: atkins 20-30 carbs
Stats: 164/155/125 Female 61
BF:30%/?/?
Progress: 23%
Default Stalling during Induction ...

Hi everyone, I jut have a quick question. For someone who doesnt cheat, is it still possible to stall one week into the induction? I lost about 5.5 pounds so far, yesterday when I woke up I weighed a pound more and this morning I lost half a pound again.Now at 154, I know its not the end of the world, but I feel lighter than usual and drink lots of water. I dont cheat. I have been getting on the treadmill though about 1 hour a day for the past 3 days. Could that be it? I havent lost inches but I am in keto. Weird. If this sounds normal to anyone please tell me. Maybe you can tell me if I went wrong somewhere.

I'm still motivated dont get me wrong, I love this plan. But I just thought it was loose, loose, loose during induction when u follow the rules.

Thanks so much

Last edited by candyapple : Wed, May-14-03 at 21:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 21:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%
Wink

There are always ups and downs along the way. Maybe it's your body just trying to catch up. If you are following the induction rules, I would't worry. Give it a lttle longer. You are doing great. To quote a senior member. "Nothing taste as good as thin feels". I hope I got that right. This forum is full on wonderful experinced lcers. Hang in there, we are here for you. Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 21:49

Unhappy

I cant beleive this!

I think I know why this is happening and dont ask me why I did it because I have no idea. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that nuts were okay. It just so happens that on Monday, I purchased a bottle of peanuts and a can of almonds. I havent had much but that has to be the culprit. I cant beleive I wasted 3 days of the induction!

Thats okay, I vow to do and extra two weeks of induction. I need it anyway!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 22:11

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

First things first. A Stall is defined as lasting longer than 3 weeks. So you haven't stalled.

Stop weighing yourself every day. You'll only frustrate yourself.

In induction the rule of thumb is that you will lose about 10% of the weight you need to lose. You've been told that before, I've seen the threads.

Now, you've already done that, be happy, STOP STRESSING! The weight will come off when it comes off, panicking constantly over it is not going to make it come off faster, it just wears everyone out

While it is coming off, it will fluctuate upwards and downwards, it will never be a straight line downward progression.

And no nuts. Don't take much of anything you read anywhere EXCEPT THE BOOK as gospel ok.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 22:29

Smile

Thanks Abbey, I just had my mind set on the fact that if I had lost everyday since I started, that I would continue to loose that way. It makes me happy to get on the scale and see it you know? But I know what you mean. I just need to learn some more about the diet.