Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 01:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 266/256/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Can't get enough carbs ... too FULL

Have any of you had a problem with being able to eat enough carbs because you are just too FULL? Today was our first day on Atkin's and my dh managed to eat apprx 11 grams of carbs before going to bed. I still have an hour or so before I turn in, and so far I've only gotten to 9.93 grams. I'm so stuffed I can hardly stand it.

I wasn't doing too badly till I deducted all the fiber grams and geez! Ten MORE to go???? I can't do it! I'm not a salad person .... but I did eat about a cup of it for dinner ... then had some added cucumbers, radishes, a few pieces of tomato as well as a hefty stalk of cooked broccoli. If I were to use salad dressing that had 1 or 2 carbs per T instead of 0 .... would that be ok? I usually use a bit less than 2 tablespoons of dressing ... sometimes less.

And how do I force myself to eat MORE when I am so stuffed? Oh ... the rest of the day I had some cheese (2 oz), an egg, pot roast, and a can of tuna made into tuna salad and rolled in lettuce with green onion and celery and mayo.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 03:18

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

The egg is about another 1g. Also check the mayo - it might have some carbs.

I'd say don't worry too much if you are getting some salad or veggies at every meal. The earlier version of the diet (which I did) onjly allowed 15g of carbs and it worked well!

I wouldn't use the dressing. It's probably got sugar in it. Make your own with vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, water and a little artificial sweetener.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 15:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

You can also try cutting back on some of the protein and fat (like have a little less pot roast and a little more veggies). As long as you make sure you're getting ENOUGH protein.

Also, you could try smaller, more frequent meals so you don't feel so full after each one.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 266/256/135 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 8%

The carb count I posted did include the count for the egg. My dh is having trouble eating all he needs to also.

Tonight we had steak burgers with cheddar cheese and brussel sprouts. Though he did finish his he asked me how much more he 'had' to eat before bedtime! LOL

I couldn't eat all my steak burger and only about half of my cup's worth of brussel sprouts ... didn't even finish my oz of cheese. Now I'm stuffed and my stomach hurts.

As for salad dressing, I am not an oil and vinegar person .... but I do like Italian. Not sure what I'll do yet ... does anyone know about the salad dressing mixes ... Good Seasons I think is the brand? Are they ok?

Thanks for the replies!