Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 08:54

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 223/176/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Thumbs up Newcomer

Hi, I am new to this site, I have been somersizing for about 13 months, I am down 53 lbs, but have been at a stall for about 6 months now and am thinking about trying something different. I have done Atkins in the past, but it is much too restrictive for me, and am wondering what people think about Schwarzbein or the Zone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, CJ!!! Glad you're here! I personally don't know anything about the other's you mentioned. I'm on Atkins and very satisfied with it...almost never hungry and I don't feel deprived. It's the other way around, actually...my kids and husband are jealous of all the steak and other goodies I eat!

I hope you find the one that's right for you. There is a lot of wisdom to be found here!

Best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:40
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi!

I've read both Schwarzbien and a Zone book.

I've also read Protein Power and I think it's a great plan for those who think Atkins is too restrictive.

You can read about all of these and more in the Which low-carb plan is right for me? Quick Link on the right side of your screen.

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:45

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 223/176/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Cool Thanks for replies

I really liked the somersizing plan, the only problem I have is that I have been at a complete stall for 6 months now and don't know how to jumpstart my weight loss. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:50

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

The Zone has a reputation for being less "restrictive", but I found it much more difficult to stick with.

On The Zone, everything you eat must be balanced -- protein to carb to fat. This means instead of just having some cottage cheese, you must have cottage cheese and nuts.
Or instead of a slice of luncheon meat, you must have X ounces of luncheon meat, plus some form of carbohydrate, plus some fat (black olives, usually, or almonds.)

The Zone also requires you to eat a HUGE amount more veggies to be balanced.

For me, it was cost-prohibitive and a pain in the butt to keep track of. (But it worked -- I did lose 30 pounds on it.)

I'll stick with Atkins.