Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 00:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/164/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Shasta Diet Soda

I haven't posted in weeks (been too busy), but I just had to tell you how surprised I was to pick up a case of Shasta Diet Chocolate soda today and find it was sweetened with sucralose. I thought only Diet Rite cola was sucralose-sweetened!

I tried the chocolate soda with a splash of cream and it was delicious. Cheap too! A 12 pack was only $1.88. I don't know if the other flavors are sucralose sweetened or not, but I recommend the chocolate if you can find it.

Pam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 11:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Chocolate soda with a dash of cream
Here in the NYC area, we call that an LC Egg Cream!!(or a diet egg cream, for those on the wrong side of carb fence!! )
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 03:18

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 283/238.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default ALSO WAIST WATCHERS SODA

I heard or read somewhere where waist watchers sodas are made with splenda, I was passing by a Price Chopper store (New England chain of stores) and checked it out, bought a whole bunch of sodas, the ones i got were ginger ale, cola, orange, black cherry, vanilla cream soda, citrus, and a couple of others, they are wonderful wonderful wonderful, i fill a one qt bottle full of ice and massivly dilute it, just becuase i dont wanna drink too much soda, and when the ice is melted i drink it, either way, its #1. Also A&P is supposed to sell it in some areas but i havent found it there yet.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question Shasta?

I've looked everywhere for the Shasta diet sodas. I found the regular Shasta at the Dollar Tree but it didnt say anywhere on the bottle/can that it was made with Splenda? I've looked at Walmart, Super Walmart, Kash N Karry, and Publix. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 19:28
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I had my grocery store order some for me..(small town, I'm spoiled!) But...It used to be sweetened with just saccharin, but now also lists aspartame last.

The stores I've found it in are not big chains, except Super Valu, in this area anyway.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 18:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question Shasta and some other things...

I emailed Shasta to see where I could get their sodas made with Splenda and they emailed me back and said they were only available in the hospital! I found Canfield at the Publix today. Bought Swiss Creame (it was okay...) and then some other brand of chocolate soda (ick!!) I like the Waist Watchers Black Cherry. Im gettin kinda bored with it tho and Im trying to stay away from aspartane. I love the Jello SF stuff tho! And diet coke and diet vanilla coke. Is it really THAT bad? I cant seem to find any other sodas with splenda around here. Any other ideas?