Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default I am bingeing while I write this...

Really, I haven't cheated in the 6 weeks I have been doing Atkins but I weighed myself today and was 5 pounds! heavier than where I was just 2 days ago. It is my TOM, but for some reason this 5 friggen pounds, which puts me almost to where I started 6 weeks ago has put me over the edge.

I just inhaled a 1/3 can of cashews and then I whipped out and bought a large bag of cherries. I also got strawberries, whip cream and shortcakes! and a Coca Cola Classic. Back in my low fat/calorie days I wouldn't normally binge on fruit, but it seems appropriate today. At least I was smart enough to buy a head of romaine lettuce for salad tomorrow while I was stocking up on berries and cherries...

I have read about others cheating and bingeing and just never felt like it myself until today. This is deja vu of the old diet/binge days for me. Yuck!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:30

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well Jennifer........................ I'm not going to sugar coat this, O.K.

You have been around this forum long enough to know to ignore your weight at TOM, it will be gone, before you know it................ Or should I say "would have been", but after you binge, you might just have those 5 pounds around for a while girl. sorry but, hardly a day goes by here and someone is upset cause of weight gain, like overnight, and most often, it's TOM.
So spit it out whatever you have in your mouth right now No excuses!! Start a clean, right now, before any more damage is done.

Good Luck, Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:46

BF:

Yah, I think I will (spit it out, that is). I kind of needed that (the lecture...), not the cherries. They were good, but really, how many can you eat. I guess I will just have to make the strawberry shortcake for my kid. The few sips of coke I had didn't really taste all that great either.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever ended up with so many serious food issues...

I was thinking about it as I was driving to the store to buy all this crap and thinking that my doctor would tell me to just eat right and exercise. And then I thought "Don't people who say that know that if we could do that, we would?"

I mean if it were only that easy...

On the up-side, if I had been doing the low fat/calorie thing I know I would have cheated and/or binged a ton of times by now.

Thanks for the wake-up Kathy. I think I will go lift some weights or something to try and burn up some of the crap I ate. Back to induction tomorrow I guess.

Thanks again.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:51

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I know exactly how youre feeling, ive been there... it gets better i promise ... and like Kathy said... dont let the TOM getcha down.. ( this TOM guy needs to be shot HEHE)... b/c most of the time when you are an angel during your TOM you are usually rewarded with a woosh afterwards... remember TOM weight is only water weight anyways... I say... Tommorow is a new day ... just nip this cheatin in the bud in the morning... I wish you luck

Misty
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:54

BF:

Thanks again. I just got rid of everything and am now drinking water. Reminds me of when I was trying to quit smoking. Weird, since this is the first time since I started Atkins that I felt like this. I will chalk it up to TOM and make sure I am prepared better next time with lots of low carb food and a lock on the bathroom scale until TOM is over!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:02

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey good on you, Jennifer, glad to have helped

Cheers Kathy
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:08

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

woohooo you go girl im sooo proud of you!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 18:13

BF:

OMG! They moved this to the 'Confession Booth'.

Now I really feel like a loser...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 09:09

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

Jennifer7,

I'm a guy and don't have a TOM but, I have been tracking my weight daily...

I have gained 4 pounds in 24 hours - without cheating.. TWICE. So why my body does this is beyond me, but it does happen. I asked people on the forum and they said it was probably water, well a few days later I had lost 1-2 lbs of that and in just a week it all was gone again...

What I am trying to say, weight will vary without TOM - God only knows what TOM is going to do to it. If you haven't cheated - then its just your body doing it thing, let it happen and relax. You are headed in the right direction.

Keep the faith and you are in this for the long term...
Rick.