Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 13:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/229/150
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up I Started 8/6 for my wedding in March and I don't think I'll go back

Hi Everyone!

I originally started this diet because I am getting married and this is the diet I kept hearing about - now that I have done it for a week and am in ketosis, I am firming up in the fatty parts and feeling like my clothes are a little looser. The scale is staying right at the same place though - I know I should probably wait until the end of next week to weigh again but it is so hard!! I have never been so dedicated to a diet before and I think it is because of my extra motivation but I am so excited....my fiance is doing it too because he doesn't want me to feel tempted if he eats something forbidden!

Could you guys let me know how you are doing on induction as far as weight and inches go - Have you lost more in the second week?? That is what I am thinking will happen but I just need a little word of encouragement!!!!

Happy Healthy Eating!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 16:49

Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Cool Greetings

Welcome to the best lowcarb forum I have ever seen. There will be a constant supply of advice and support. Visit every day and you will meet the most wonderful people! Sometimes the initial weight loss isn't that dramatic and then all of a sudden you will drop several pounds. The fit of the clothing is the usual giveaway that you are losing. Keep up the good work and we're all pulling for you! Cheers, Lara
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 16:55

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

my second week has been better than the first week. give yourself time
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 16:57

BF:

he jengreen,

my second week has been better than the first week. give yourself time & patience (sorry i was not finished lol)
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 17:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by bluugirl
(sorry i was not finished lol)

That o.k. Bluu, note that you can use the "edit" icon as well to edit your post.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 18:05

BF:

aargh lol
thanks for telling...
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 20:36

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi & welcome to the board.

I'll try to get this is b4 our esteemed webmaster, Wa'il. Have you measured yourself? Often the scale won't move but the inches disappear, clothes are looser, so the best thing to do is both weigh & measure. Your measuring tape may become your new best friend! The scale may show dramatic changes at the end of 2 weeks Induction. You are a unique person, your body will shed the weight at its own pace. Comparing your rate of weight loss with others can be morale-destroying. If you stick with Atkins, you WILL lose weight.

I can't wait to see you post a new thread in a week with your 2 wk results. I'll bet you'll do great.

Ruth
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 20:47

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Carbolite bars

Hi Jengreen,

I just noticed the reply you posted to another thread where you mentioned eating a Carbolite choc bar. Some of the sweeteners (glycerol, maltitol, others) are notorious stallers. During Atkins Induction one should only eat the allowed foods & I don't remember LC Chocolate being on the list. Personally, for the 1st month I checked details in DANDR every day until I felt I had got it right. There are lots of previous threads & info about low carb bars & the experts suggest waiting until after induction to try them. Try using the search icon to find carbolite or glycerol, manitol to get tons more info. Good luck! Ruth
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-01, 07:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congrats from another recent LCer, Jen. I don't know about you, but I find this new WOL easy to follow... my boyfriend is also following it with me for the most part (and typically he's noticing improvements much earlier, then again he has 20% BF). It's ironic to think that the foods he reintroduced me to a year ago (bacon, sausage, steak) which prompted a 20 lb weight gain have become stables of my diet and part of the reason for my recent successes.

As for the scales, hide them, they'll become your nemessis. I used to obssess over a half a pound gain or loss when I owned them. Now I visit my parents once a week for an update. A tape measure is going to be your new best friend.

Keep up the good work and here's to a fantastic week 2!!

Nat
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-01, 08:39

Stats: 230/229/150
BF:
Progress:
Cool

Thanks to everyone! I am going to be very strict on myself this week - I guess I was misunderstanding the way the diet works! I thought it would be fine if the things I ate had no carbs but that is obviously not true - when you are on your monthly cycle, do things seem to halt? I think its a number of things, but I am definately cutting out caffeine & no carb sweets! Hopefully this week will be a killer week!!