Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 20:51

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Trainer Dan HELP!

Does this diet apply to me or only men trying to gain mass? I work out five days a week and of those days, two of them are an extra hour of weights. I'm fairly lean would love to be 10lbs leaner (if I really want my abs to look cut I just cut down on fat and of course carbs for the weeK). I just would love to have a chance to carb up for extra energy and to make my diet more interesting. I find myself cheating more and more 'cause chicken, egg whites, and salads get soooooo boring. Help me...will this diet benefit me or should I stick to what I'm doing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:20

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%
Default Ckd

Janette, This Diet is for cutting fat without losing muscle. Body Opus by Dan Duchaine is a great book for the scientific form of the diet.
Are you low carbing now?
Personally I am using CKD to lose fat. The bonus for men weight lifting is gaining bulk. It is very hard for women to gain bulk or mass due to high estrogen and low testerone.
CKD was designed for bodybuilders to go from low body fat levels to very low single digit BF%.
I hope this helps.

Jag
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 14:36

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hiya Janette360! CKD might be for you if you want to keep your muscle while cutting fat... i'll have to warn you though, if you want to get to your goal sooner (but losing weight faster) you might want to stick with SKD or Atkins till you lose the last 10lbs then shift to CKD (so you won't get bored having a very restrictive diet by rewarding yourself on weekends with carbups while restoring much-needed muscle glycogen for the gym )...

Been on CKD for 2months now... been losing a lot slower in terms of weight, but i can see that i'm getting leaner and my 6pak is starting to show (even while hovering at my current weight for the past month)...

hey jagbender, nice progress! keep it up with CKD and pumping iron and you'll not just look cut, but big! too bad cutting's making me pretty small (musclewise) so i need to bulk-up this winter
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:11

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Riceboi,

Bulking is funnnnnn. LOL.

Looks like Jag and Riceboi handled it. Not much more I could add.