Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 19:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 370/342/200 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default my progress so far

i've been doing CAD since may 1 and i weighed 353 on that day. today, may 13, i weigh 342. when i started, i was hopeful that i would eventually end up needing to eat once a day but i certainly didn't hold my breath. i also thought that just wouldnt' be possible. well, it is! i now am only eating my reward meal because i'm simply *not* hungry during the day. i ate the CM for the first week but i havent' since monday. i haven't been weighed 342 pounds in about four years so this is amazing. my goal is to be down to 299 by my birthday, which is august 30. if this keeps up, i have no doubt i will achieve that goal

cheers,
samantha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 19:54

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good for you Samantha. I am so happy for you. You are doing wonderul. You have such a great positive attitude. No doubt in my mind you will reach 299 by Aug 30th..

CAD is amazing with the fact that you don't get all that hungry. I still eat my 2 CM's and once in awhile I will just have the one CM. I don't know if I could just do the RM. That is how Rachael Heller lost alll of her weight, was by eating just the RM. If you feel good doing that, than I think it is great.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Have you thought about starting a journal? Most of us on CAD bounce around in each others journal. It is kind of nice to do. A journal is great to go back and see the progress that you are making.

Congrats again on your loss.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hmm, Duh, I never thought of skipping both CM's.

Congrats on your success so far!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 17:35

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

hi,
i am so happy about your progress. eating once a day is not intentional for me on cad, it just happens. as insulin secretion decreases hunger is less intense. i eat a cm, when my rm wasn't satisfying or sometimes just cause sometimes the body needs a change. Cad automatically eliminates eating and nibbling round the clock. which is unhealthy.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 18:45

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Congratulations, Samantha!!

That's wonderful news to hear.

Do start a journal so we can follow your journey to August 30 and beyond...

Deb