Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 20:17

Plan: UD2
Stats: 195/180/175 Male 68 inches
BF:15%/8%/7.0%
Progress: 75%
Default Breaking plateaus

When my BF loss was stalling, so I followed the advice of Lyle McDonald's book and dialed in a cycling of calories. Seems to be working very well. Here's what I did.

Instead of 10 cal/lb, I started to do Mon 10, Tue 8, Wed 12, Thu 11, Fri 10. It amounts to the same total calories for the week, but gets the metabolism nicely confused.

(PS Don't plan on anything important on the Tuesday...)

Steve Holt
The Vegetarian Bodybuilder
http://www.vegetarianbodybuilder.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 04:09

Plan: Atkins then CKD or TKD
Stats: 155/150/145 Male 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good day guys, i have question for the vegetarian bodybuilder. I have lost 15 lbs using atkins and will be starting ckd 2 weeks from now. CKD and atkins is a little silent on tofu, is this ok for protein? Will it upset keto on keto diet days? am planning to include something similar to tofu but a lot more liquidy in consistentcy but also derived from soy. any comments?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:36

Default CKD and Tofu

The vegetarian CKD looks at tofu is just like any other food... by the macronutrients. When you begin the CKD, consume no more than 25-30 g carbs per day. You should be in ketosis within a couple of days. After the first 1-2 weeks, your body will slip back into ketosis more easily following the carbup days. You may also find that you can maintain ketosis at slightly higher carb levels, maybe as high as 40-45. Or maybe not. Of course we're talking about NET carbs (carbs less fiber). Tofu is primarily protein and fat, with a few g of carbs, so it is perfect food to be included in the CKD.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 17:49

Plan: Atkins then CKD or TKD
Stats: 155/150/145 Male 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default thanks for the tofu advice

thanks for the tofu advice, was kinda confused on whether it was more carbs than protein but now i got that clear. any more suggestion on high protein, llow carb veggie stuff that you can include in ckd diet that wont kick you out of ketosis and any combionation no-nos.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 18:09

Eggs, cheese, all the soy-based meat imitations, tempeh.