Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:42

Plan: Personal
Stats: 168/168/128
BF:31/31/21
Progress: 0%
Default Today is the day

Hello everyone, I found this site by searching for daily coloric intake. I started reading and decided that nothing could be better than being able to discuss my progress and set backs with others doing the same.

I have actually spent time putting together a journal and exercise routine to help me on my way. So my official LC start date is 01/06/03. I thought it would be better to get through the holidays. This week I have chose to eliminate the "I have to have a coke to survive the day" So I have dedicated the PRE LC week to "Just how much water can I drink and survive week".

I have basically put together a journal with a section on carbs, articles about carbs, and a goal picture. I have a friend who has joined me, it seems to be easier knowing that there is someone, feeling the GOOD pain with you.

My goal is to become the healthy person I should be by eating right and exercising. I'm sure this is the goal we all start out with. But saying it and writing it makes me feel good.

I welcome any input, especially do's and don'ts.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello and welcome!

Do's and Don'ts? Let's see...

If you're going 'hard-core' and plan on doing induction, DO keep your copy of Atkins handy. If you're kinda winging it, and don't want to do it exactly by the book, that's okay - but you might want to do some more reading, just to get a good handle on what different LC plans have in common.

DO make a list of groceries you want to buy.

DO get rid of the stuff you don't plan on eating - either toss it, or give it away. The food bank is a good option.

DO plan ahead. This way of eating involves very few convenience foods. It doesn't take a lot of time, but it does take preparing ahead of time - slicing veggies and cheese, boiling eggs... the more you do ahead of time, the more likely you are to stick with it.

When I started back in March, I hadn't read any of the books. But I started eliminating pasta, white flour, sugar, and having way more veggies, protein and water. The more reading I did, the more I was able to 'fine tune' my plan. Best o' luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:13

Plan: atkins/somers/whatever
Stats: 193/149/154 Female 5 foot, 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 113%

CINDY

welcome

Sounds like you have a great attitude, AND a great plan! Welcome to the board and best of luck!