Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:05

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default Saggy Skin

Hey! I've lost a LOT and thankfully don't have TOO much excess skin, but I have noticed a little where my big stomach used to be, just above the pelvic bone. Any tips? I have tried massage and moisturizer. I feel like I have worked so hard to get the body I deserve, and I don't want this excess skin hanging about. I'm only 25 so I thought my skin would still be quite elastic, especially with all the fat I eat on this WOE.
I've heard about using a loofah in the shower. If that really works, how long should I do it, how often, etc? I have those exfoliating gloves...will those work just as well or should I invest in a loofah?
Please let me know if you have any tips!
Thanks a million

Last edited by MarieB : Fri, Sep-26-03 at 12:08.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I think probably exercise is your best bet...some firming and toning ones. Also, as boring as they are sit ups and crunches work well for me. Also, if you look (ignore the air brushed models and stars) most women don't have a completley flat tummy so don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing wonderful! Congrats!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 14:29

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Hi there, thanks for responding. I actually do work out 6 days a week, including lots of cardio, stretching and weight training. It's the actual leftover skin that is a problem for me, and I want to know how to get rid of it...Like when a woman has a baby, after the baby is born, there is skin leftover that hasn't shrunken back to its original pre-baby form.
I also have cellulite on my thighs that isn't going away no matter how much exercise I do. Any tips?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/152/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

I was 225 when I has my kids, I have a lot of saggy skin on my tummy. I am seeing a plastic surgeon next week to talk about surgically removing it (via tummy tuck) etc, I do know for tummy tuck you have to be pretty close to your goal weight, which I still have a bit to go, but that's my solution.