Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: loz's LC
Stats: 135/?/&;135 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default fat blaster

Hey everyone.
i was just wondering, has anyone tried fat blaster?

i've seen so many ads, and every chemist seems to advertise them.
so i was wondering does it actually work??

because i'm really tempted to buy it, but i don't waste my money on something that's a con.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 17:28

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:
Progress: 0%

loz, i haven't tried it, but i don't think they are realistic. they usually involve a calorie restricted diet and the amazing results they advertise have in fine print next to them something like "these are not usual results". i would stick to lc if i were you, you won't be starving and you'll feel better and learn good habits.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136.6/128.7/121.2 Female 163-164 cm
BF:unsure
Progress: 51%

i've tried these but mentally i told myself it was an excuse to slacken off on the exercise. They did reduce my cravings for sweets and i was less hungry. But i wasn't consistant in taking them. I still have a pack here actually LOL. I think i may start taking them again now you have reminded me, it can only help quicken my progress.

I put my b/f on them when he needed to lose a few kgs for a job. He has the sweetest tooth on earth. He lost a few kilos in a week and couldn't stand the taste of sweets while taking the stuff. So it did help him. He did eat heaps of junk food prior to taking them so it's not a wonder he lost the 2 kgs that soon by simply reducing his calorie intake.

They certainly do contain ingredients that do help with weight loss such as chromium, chitosan.

Last edited by Leecey : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 21:40.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:21
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 143/134/117 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

A woman I used to work with took Fat Blaster, and she was constantly warmer than everyone else was. She would insist on putting the air-con on, even when it wasn't hot. She would still be hot even when I had goosebumps from the chill! She was on them for a few months, but I didn't notice any miraculous results.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this product is emulating the "stack" (popular in the States using caffeine, ephredine and aspirin), and enhances the benefits gained from exercise, and it doesn't work without exercise.

Noni C
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:02

Stats: 136.6/128.7/121.2 Female 163-164 cm
BF:unsure
Progress: 51%

the caffeine source in the tablets is the guarana

capsicum annuum fruit (cayenne) ingredient i believe is what makes u warmer..

I agree taken alone, one shouldn't expect to lose weight just through tablet consumption. The tablets however I do believe assist you by controlling your sugar cravings etc.

I would definately use this product to 'assist' with my program and boost things up a bit. I've read into the ingredients and they definately do help your body out with weight loss/appetite/energy.

Doing Atkins I've found my taste for sweets has gone anyway but I will definately resume taking my fatblaster for all the other stuff it does .

I found this for you all if you are interested more about the product and what the ingredients stimulate.

http://www.vitaminsaustralia.com.au/prod1903.htm
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 19:54

Stats: 308/209/200 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

Hi there
Fat Blaster is not really the best thing to try when you are trying to do low carb. Fat Blaster is loaded with gaurana which is essentially caffeinne.

Dr. Atkins (and most other low carb professionals) will tell you that caffeinne should be avoided on low carb diets. Caffeinne will give your heat a quick boost, but that will settle down very quickly so it doesn't provide that much benefit. Add to that, caffeinne will slow down your metabolism and that is bad. Maetabolism problems are the main reason many of us get over weight in the first place.

Just adding my $0.02 worth.

Sime.

Last edited by SimonHoby : Mon, Feb-09-04 at 19:57.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 20:51

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Default Don't use fat blaster use Carb Blaster instead.

These help prevent carbs being turned into glucose. I forgot I had them until I looked in my medicine cupboard. I bought them from a health food shop and they cost $29.95 for 30 tabs, but you can get them cheaper on the net. They are herbal and you take one 1/2 hour before meals, twice a day. I was glad I found them because I had just cheated and ate a hotcross bun so I did the opposite and chased it down with one tab. I had dinner about 1/2 hour later anyway.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 20:59

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:

Here's something to read about carb blasters, it doesn't work with sugars but with starches.

http://sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/...9-22810,00.html

A link to buy them online AU

http://www.vitaminsaustralia.com.au/prod3073.htm