Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 18:59
Raising My Pitch

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/200/150 Female 5'7"
BF:getting lower
Progress: -32%
Default Love this place

I was looking for low carb recipes, using Google search engine. I found this site. I'm sure glad I did. I started my new way of eating July 17, 2003. I had bloomed up to 188 lbs. I felt really bad physically, didn't have the energy to do what I wanted. I had read and tried Dr. Atkins Plan, around a year ago, but got tired of eating the same thing all the time, so started cheating and before I knew it the weight was back. Made up my mind this time to try again, and this time to find more things I could eat. I have lost 15 lbs. and feel so good. It is really something how the things you eat affect your body. Before when I was eating everything I wanted I had lots of gas and heart burn. Now I have very little gas and no heart burn. When I was on induction I had no gas, but when I started to add veggies back to my diet I experienced a small amount, but nothing like before. Have never experienced the constipation like some of the folks on here, that I have read about. Thank goodness for that. Can't believe I'm discussing this on the internet, but just wondered if anybody else had noticed this since they have been lcing? The most wonderful thing about this site is the recipes. I have tried the cauliflower mock mashed potatoes, and loved them, also the fake hash browns, using Daikon, also made Pork Balls and sourkraut, using chopped radishes, instead of rice for the pork balls. It was so good. Made the low carb bread and it is great, but I felt guilty when I ate a slice. It's really to good to be true. Thanks to all of you. I have been in here reading allot of post, and finally got the nerve to post something. Sylvia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 19:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sylvia, welcome aboard!

As you've discovered, creativity is an important key. People who think they have to have eggs for breakfast every day, and salad as their only vegetable are bound to get bored and give up. There are so many great choices, whether or not you have time to put into cooking.

Good luck to you... enjoy!

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Sep-18-03 at 19:41.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 18:09

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8

Welcome to the forum Sylvia...
It will be ok. You can do it this time. You sound like you are really getting into the cooking and eating the right foods. Next step is to start a journal...that is really were everyone hangs out with each other. You can meet all kinds of nice people on them too. Stay with the program and you will do fine.

Anna
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 06:37
Raising My Pitch

Angry

Thanks Anna for the reply and encouragement. Sometimes I don't think I'm getting anywhere, I still look the same. I know I can wear some of the clothes that were to little for me. I had them in a bag to give to Good Will, but was able to retrive some of them. Just haven't lost any more, don't get me wrong I'm thankful for what I have lost, that is a blessing. Just don't know why I am stalled. I haven't cheated any. I will not give up, because even if I don't lose more I feel so much better. Thanks again for caring. Sylvia
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 15:30

So tell me, are you in induction still?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 15:31

I was thinking FitDay is a good place to go so you can see what you are really eating. Maybe you have too many carbs a day. Just a thought.
Anna
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 17:33
Raising My Pitch

I'm not on induction, but still watch the carbs pretty close. I was going to start a journal, but couldn't find where it was on here. I went to the top and didn't see anything that said journal. I still don't know my way around this site very well. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to find both places you suggested.

Sylvia