Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/184/155 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question Best way to jumpstart

Is induction the best way to jumpstart weightloss again? I haven't gained any weight back, but I have been on a VERY LONG stall. I need to lose at least 25 more pounds. I am terrible with drinking water and I have recently started exercising more, but I am still not losing. Should I do a strict induction again? Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 14:07

Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

You can try a KISS induction (mainly all of the foods on the acceptable foods list less artificial sweeteners...and no Sugar alcohols). I just recently broke through a three month stall cutting out AS's and SA's, and I've lost 7.4 lbs. in one week. If that doesn't work, there's always the fat fast (1000 calorie diet, of which 90% of the calories are derived from fat). You can get more information by typing "the fat fast" into the search box at www.atkins.com.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 14:09

Dr. Atkins also recommended that people who are in Lifetime Maintenance to go back to induction or ongoing weight loss to jumpstart the fat burning machine again. So, it should work.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 14:16
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks. The KISS induction sounds way more appealing than the fat fast! Although it also will be difficult. I've gotten used to eating a larger variety and I like it. Also, the more I exercise the more I want to eat. Anyway, I think I will have to try the KISS induction which will be a challenge for me.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 14:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

What do your typical menus look like? How long has the stall been? Are you keeping track of carbs and percentages on fitday?

For me the best way to kickstart my weigh tloss was to go KISS.

Basically it's all the LC veggies you want, meats (including eggs) and fats. No dairy and nothing sweet. I kept my fat percentage at around 70%. It worked great, but after a week of it I would get bored as hell and add things back in
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:34

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

how long can u stay on a kiss induction? how long ususally jump starts the weight loss?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustycat
how long can u stay on a kiss induction? how long ususally jump starts the weight loss?
Well, I'm re-reading the entire book. In the maintenance chapters, it says that your weight should vary only by 5 pounds. If your weight gets 5 lbs. above your goal weight, then you should jump back on induction or OWL for 3 to 4 days to restart your fat burning process.

As far as OWL and Pre-Main., I'm sure that you can do a KISS induction for as long as you want (but if you're within 30 lbs of goal, you should probably increase your carbs to decrease your weight loss to 1 lb. a week..as recommended in the book).
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210.5/188.5/150 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 36%

Am I correct in saying that the only difference between Stillmans and KISS is the fact that KISS allows veggies? I am trying to make it through Stillmans for a week Today is day one and I am feeling good but we will see tomorrow!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 19:27
Registered Member

BF:

Good question. I don't really know what the difference is since I am not sure what Stillmans is. Maybe you should post that as a new topic to get the answer?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 19:42
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 183/169/145 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 37%

I know it's hard, it's sooo hard for me, but upping your water may be enough to jumpstart it without going back to induction. I know that if I don't drink enough I don't lose anything, no matter what I eat or how much I exercise.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 19:49

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

If you are losing inches then you are not stalled. Measure yourself before deciding what to do. Upping exercise may be all that you need to do.