Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 06:29

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%
Default Pizza??

I was just wondering...my inlaws are coming in tonight and hubby thought we'd just order a pizza. I had read some of you just scraped off the top and ate it that way. Is this ok? Is there sugar in the tomato sauce? Just wondering....If it's not ok, I'll make something ahead of time so that I can eat with them....just something different....anyone got a good "WINGS" recipe??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 06:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/262/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 14%

I eat pizza tops. Actually my wife just likes cheese pizza, so I have them make half cheese half supreme and I have them put here toppings on my half. You'll get some pretty interesting looks when you go to a pizza buffet, but who cares. As far as the sugar in the pizza sauce. I'm sure there is some there but I doubt if it's really enought to matter. I haven't had it kick me out of ketosis or anything in the past. I guess it's a matter of moderation. Have you tried the recipe forums there is an awesome recipe for a pizza quiche (it tastes like lasagna) and many other great recipes (including hot wings).

Good luck.

Dennis
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 07:06
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I have eaten pizza tops before. Didn't seem to hurt anything-but I have only done that once or twice. I think you should be OK.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 07:27

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Paleo, I just had to say I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

I have to agree with everyone, eating the toppings should be ok for ya. I'd do something with the crusts like throw em in the bin so they're not staring at you though When I bring a hamburger home I give the bun to my dog so I'm not tempted - she won't leave anything behind
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 08:16

Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default pizza tops

My Husband is a pizza fiend! We have pizza (frozen and delivered) a few times a week. I make sure to get my half with exta meats and cheese, that way I'm nice and full. As for the sauce, it doesn't seem like there is much if any sugar in it, so I think it is just fine. Its a messy way to eat pizza, but you can eat more since you dont have to bother with the crust (which is pretty unappetizing after the top has been removed)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 08:52

Stats: 210/181/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Funny thing is I never liked anything but the topping. I just had 3 slices last Saturday
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 09:29

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Thanks for the responces! I did however take out a bag of wings and will make a salad also....Can you fry them up with crushed pork rinds as like a breading??? Didn't see that on the recipes?~!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 14:11

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool 'za

You might also want to add this recipe to your recipe box for when you have the urge for pizza. Even non-LCers love it...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=44087

P.S. I also eat the tops off of pizza from time to time...

Donald
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 14:11

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Question How many carbs to count?

Does anyone know how many carbs to county per piece of crustless pizza? I have no idea how much cheese is usually on them.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 14:17

Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

I cooked some chicken wings yesterday & they were great. Just put them on a baking sheet, sprayed with oil, sprinkled with hot chilli powder, chicken salt & lemongrass&chilli seasoning. Cooked 1/2 hr, turned, seasoned other side and cooked another 1/2 hour.
Enjoy.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 16:04

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

Today was "pizza day" at work. Its great that I can participate (and I get quite a bit of good humored bantering for not eating the crust) but after entering my quantities into fitday, ouch.. 8 grams of carbs (meat lovers, no veggies). And I'm not exactly full. I sure won't make this a regular routine.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 16:22
Contributing Member

Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

The sausages on Pizza are probably not a good thing. They usually use binders that would would not normally be eaten on Atkins.

I've made lowcarb pizza at home and used suasage from a place that makes sausages without binders. It's really not to hard to find a butcher that will do that.

Arnie
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 06:40

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Next time, definitely try Donald's Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. It's in the recipe section. I add about 3/4 - 1 c. of crushed pork rinds to the 'crust' to make it crispy (enough that you can pick up the slices like regular pizza). My Mom was in from out-of-town and sisters over, etc, and we decided to just order pizza. So, I picked up toppings in the afternoon and made the DDPQ--everybody was eating it on me while waiting for the pizza to be delivered and asking for the recipe. It was a huge hit and my hubby's been asking me to make it for dinner ever since! It's super delicious and easy to make.

N.