Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 13:23

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%
Post How much skim milk and yogurt?

OKay I have read the book and in my book it says no milk(skim or 1%) at all and also no yogurt. I know that it has changed. I am doing phase one and would like to know how much I can have a day of milk or yogurt. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 14:19

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

2 cups of dairy a day in any combo is how I think it works. I typically have between 2 and 3 a day if I count my soymilk. But I am pregnant so I am eating more dairy/fruit/grains than most probably. Still I try my best to stay really close to the recommended serving sizes with everything though.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 14:37

Thanks again Jenn-
I am still nursing but I spoke to someone who said that it should be okay to do phase one since I can have skim milk or some sort of dairy. I am bascially doing something like it right now but not totally following it. I have been doing herbalife and I just don't think it's that good for me. I have been noticing bruises on my legs.
I also wanted to know about protein bars. Are they okay to do during phase one. I really like the advantage EAS kind with 26 grams of protien and only 3 carbs. The Pria kinda are VERY YUMMY also. Do you know anything about that? I know that we are suppose to be watching sugars and not really carbs-Thanks again
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 19:00

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I personally wouldn't if you are trying to lose weight. The sugar alcohols tend to be a problem even though companies trying to sell product are trying to push them as being okay. There is a really good article on it here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182859

Ultimately it's something you will just have to play with to see if it effects you but I really would save them for days on the go or as a rare treat and not part of my daily menu. Whole food is always the best choice if you have the option.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 13:54

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

I agree with Elsah/Jenn - lots of people here have troubles when they eat bars, and the 3 g probably means excluding some -ol sugar - and for some it does not work. Try clean induction, without artificial anythings.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 14:00

Thanks Monika-Do you know anything about the dannon carb smart yogurt? I know that yogurt is okay for phase one. Is the carb smart okay?