Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/190
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 2nd day and I feel like Crap

I am in my second day of induction, and I feel sick to my stomach. Is that normal? I didnt feel that great when I started yesterday, so maybe theres no correlation. BUt I feel like I dont want to eat anything. Is this normal??? Please help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:41
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%

I dont know, that doesnt seem right. Maybe youre coming down with something. Just listen to your body, and maybe you should wait till you are feeling better, then start. Sorry I wasnt much help, hope youre feeling better soon.

Shannon
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Feeling bad for the first 4-5 days is common, it all depends on how bad your carb addiction is. Your body needs time to burn off the carbs in your system and convert to burning fat.

Make sure if you are hungry - eat! You don't want your calories to get too low and your body thinking it is going into starvation mode.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:45
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I felt aweful until day 6 then it was like a fog lifted and I have felt great ever since.

Just push yourself to eat right. Very important.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 246/221/190 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 45%

i too felt sick the first 4 days then also felt like a fog lifted...now i am doing great.....cant be better...love this way of life now....
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/190
BF:

when you say you feel awful, what do you mean? I am sick to my stomach, and I feel like I am going to vomit. I am not hungry at all. I ate a small piece of ham for lunch, but I cant eat anything else. I am wondering if I was coming down with something before I started yesterday. I just want to make sure that the nausea is normal, or if I should wait till that is gone. Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:36

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Headaches, naseau and foggieness are normal. I remember going through a "if I see food I will hurl" time.

Of course it could also be you were coming down with something too, but the symptoms could also be normal withrdaw symptoms.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:39

Stats: 190/190/165
BF:

I am right there with you. I am starting my third day of induction this morning and I don't feel all that great. I read in the Atkins book that this is pretty normal, so I am not worried about it. When I sat down and looked at the foods I ate when I made the decision to start this low carb diet I was amazed at how many carbs I was eating. I thought I was eating healthy and making good choices but it turns out I couldn't have been farther from the truth.
It is supposed to go away pretty quick, good luck and stick to it.

JC
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 11:48

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default common problem

My first week of Induction was similar to what you're reporting.

I remember feeling headachy and awful crabby and sort of depressed. But the clouds lifted by the end of the second week and my cravings were also gone when that happened.

Good luck!

Donald
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 16:24

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Oh my! Me too! Day 2 here and my head is pounding and I am really sick in my stomach...wonder if tums has any carbs......
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:11
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Push yourself to eat though.... make sure you eat your mandatory 2-3 cups of veggies to add your natural fiber and vitamins.

Note: if you don't eat enough your body will think it is starving and will hold onto your weight and you may get sick too.

Try 4-5 smaller meals/snacks. You hunger will come back. Usually the carb cravings will stay mostly away if you stay at induction levels of carbs without a lot of fake sugars.