Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Default Homemade LowCarb Muffins...Can I eat them?

Sorry I didn't know where to post this.

I want to know since I am only a month into LCing is it okayfor me to eat muffins made w/ Almond flour, soy flour, High gluten flour(how is this different from A.P. flour?), Oat flour, & wheat bran?
I get kind of scared when I hear flour.*laughing* Will these flours affect my weight loss at all?
I am sorry if I am asking this question if it has been asking before, I just couldn't find a post on it.
---I DID USE THE SEARCH TOOL LIKE I ALWAYS DO BUT CAME UP WITH A BUNCH OF POSTS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.---

thank you

Candice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 11:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

What you choose to and not to eat is an entirely personal matter based on what you are trying to achieve.

While it seems like almost everyone starts LC to lose weight, overcome PCOS, hypo/hyperglycemia, etc. other factors come into play as you travel along.

The best thing to do is experiment and find out what way of eating keeps you at your optimum.

Some people can eat all sorts of LC fakes and do not seem to have a problem.

If you are working on overcoming carb addiction and if you have one and feel compelled to have another - and another - or dwell upon them obsessively, then they're probably not right for you.

Some people choose not to eat grains or artificial sweeteners or other stuff as part of their WOE. Others do as long as they keep at their level for OWL and they're getting the results they want.

The whole attitude shift in low-carbing comes with learning to sit back and enjoy the ride as you learn more about yourself and what you can and can't do. Experiment away!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 11:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Can I ask if you use grains & sweeteners?
I read another post of yours saying that if you the sweeteners are going to put you in a downward sprial than dont eat them, I am sure that is the same for grains. (Just like what you said here in your post:"If you are working on overcoming carb addiction and if you have one and feel compelled to have another - and another - or dwell upon them obsessively, then they're probably not right for you."), Right? Well..
I don't have a problem when I use sweeteners. Meaning I still have 10 of the 12 mini cheese cakes that I made sitting in the fridge. Just saying that I can have sweets sitting in there w/ out eating them.
But the reason I really want to bake. I just that I want to play around with the different type of cooking. But don't want to waste all of the muffins like I am the cheese cake. I don't know what I am going to do with all of them, how do LC Muffins come out? I mean will my husband eat them?
Thank you for your help

Candice
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 11:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I use sweeteners but no grains or soy flour at all, so I'm not the right person to ask about that type of baking. I concentrate mostly on dairy based desserts.

Some one else may come along and be able to give you some advice on baking with LC flours.

Karen