Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/198/125
BF:44
Progress: 19%
Default 20 something and sick of always being the heavy girl of the group??

Any age...please feel free to join in. Just thought I would start this thread for fun.

I can't wait to be one of the girls getting the guys and not the girl helping the girls getting the guys.

Believe you me...my life does not revolve around getting a guys. But it will be so nice to go out and not be the underdog. I just can't wait to not have to worry about how much black I can put on to make myself look at least 5 pounds thinner.

I could go on forever...but I'm going to get to the good stuff...

I am making this tiny vow of losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I want to weigh 188 in two weeks.

Anyone else along for the challenge?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 17:29

Plan: Adkins Diet
Stats: 220/198/145
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up hey there

. . . Hey there! I am 23 years old. I know exactly how you feel. Eventhough, I am actually married But, about trying to wear black...to look thinner, I understand. I am trying REALLY hard to do this! I definitely want this more than anything. I am also taking Xenadrine.....and working out. I hope to see much more results Good Luck to you also. Keep me updated how you are doing
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 16:27

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am now 33, but I was heavy during my 20's when I was 28 years old I got real serious about my weight. I wanted to be my best when I hit 30! Well, I did it! I was a wearing a bikini when I was 30 years old! I never worn on before even when I was a teenager.

You are never to old to wipe your body in shape.

Sadly, I stop workout at the gym, and added to many carbs to maintain the bikini body. I have about 10 pounds to lose to get it back.

So I am back LCing and working out! I will get there. I know it!

I am glad I am doing something about those 10 pounds, before they turn into 20..then 30...then back up over 200 pounds!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 02:09

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

yea i relate! im 21 and have always been the fat girl surrounded by tons of thin girls and have always been " the friend" to all the good looking guys, and i know thats b/c im a fat chick.. but thank GOD i found a guy that loves me for me and is behind me 100% now i love him to death, but yea i agree with you... and as for a bikini. i bought a new one in hopes i can wear it on my 1st vacation ( with mark) in July... so i gotta get my fat butt in gear LOL !
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 07:43

BF:

Hey Luddybell, you can do this! Ify ou really want it..you can do this!

It is great your booyfriend is there for support!

Where are you going on your vacation? Sounds like fun, first time away with the boyfriend
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 18:27

BF:

well to be honest with you , he wont tell me! all he had told me about the vacation is we have a secluded cabin ( with a jacuzzi) and to be ready

yea it is really great to have a boyfriend that supports me and doesnt put me down...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 09:06

BF:

LuddyBell....sounds like a great getaway to me! A cabin and a jacuzzi...PLUS a great boyfriedn to share it all with...sounds like heaven to me!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 00:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/150/140
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Confusing friends

Does anyone else find that their thinner friends aren't supportive of their weightloss? Many of my friends keep telling me that I don't need to lose weight and I'm perfect the way I am, yet they are thinner then me (not much anymore). I just don't understand why friends who are thinner would tell me that I don't need to lose weight. Don't they want me to look the way they do?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 05:51

BF:

Hi Laura,
I don't know about your friends, but some "thinner" people don't want their "fat" friends to become thin. They want to the be the thin skinny girls in the group. If their "fat" friend lost weight and was thin, it would be more competition.
So a fat people can make a thin person feel good. I know this is vain, but it does happen. This also happens in marriages and with couples. If wife is heavy, then wants to lose weight, hubby feels threaten, that she is going to look better than him,,,and might not be attracted to him anymore. Hubby might try to sabatoge the wife's diet to keep her safe at home.

I forget where I read an article, but it had alot of good points on why people sabotage other's diet efforts....for their own benefit.

I would take a very close look at your friends and your relationship. Ask yourself some really hard questions, are they really close and dear friends? Or just some nice girls to hang out with?

Try to keep only positive people around you. You are too good to let negative people bring you down.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 03:27

BF:

yeah Kelly i agree.. hopefully i'll be able to wear the new bikini he bought me ( isnt he a doll??) and not look like a beached whale!

Im a thin lady trapped in a fat girls body and have been for 10 years dangggggggg i think its time for this thin girl to "bust" out!

lol
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 06:54

BF:

Luddy...time to let that thin girl out....she needs to play and have fun!

You will be in that bikini in no time. Keep focused on your goal, and you will make it!