Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:18

Plan: atkins/south beach
Stats: 358/358/165 Female 5"7
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi,New here

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just reading through all the post see so much support. I need alot of support. I have very little support system.
Moved away from family and friends 14 years ago due to husband's job and a better place to raise kids. I have struggled with my weight since I was 6 years old. Losing hundreds of pounds, but always gaining them back. I have been in a depression for years, in a fairly unhappy marriage,trying to fight the weight and the depression.Recently been diagnosed as having hypothroidism and being tested for pcos.My husband was'nt very supportive or helpful,
just watched me slowly detoriate on the couch crying and crying.
Practically begging for his help and attention. Working more and more,70 hours aweek. he did'nt know what to do so he did nothing.This went on for years no intimacy ,no closeness ,we were living like roomates and it was just making everything worse.Seeing my 20 year marriage fail along with everything else was killing me.I tried to save my marriage instead of trying to save myself, hoping from the marriage I would get the support I needed.
It never came.I started to give up. My husband just admitted to me he gave up a while ago. We are temporarily seperated and I'm coming back strong now and fighting back!I'm tired of feeling so lousy and so lonely.
I'm 38 years old, and instead of dreading turning forty. I'm looking forward to it, my new mission in life is to be forty and fabulous.And maybe even finally free...I have a two year goal! I just started atkins 2 days ago, so far so good.When I stumbled upon this site ,I knew I would find the support I need here, it seems like such a wonderful and friendly environment.
Congratulations (applause!!!)to all of you who are doing so well and who have lost so much weight! I can't weight (hmm fraudian slip?) wait to be one of you...
And Good luck and much love to all you who are struggling or just starting!
We must never give up on ourselves!I know cuz I almost did!
Best wishes and much success to you all!
Trish
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi Trish! Welcome to the forum. I'm sure it took a lot of courage to even start on this new WOL, but it is so worth it. I know at the start losing all this weight can seem daunting, but YOU CAN DO IT. Good Luck and stick with it. I'm sure you will be posting about your success in no time.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 13:44
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

#4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:29

Stats: 359/266/174 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Trish, this is a great place to hang out and get information. I has helped me to much to go on here every day.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 20:03

Stats: 275/187/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Welcome!!! And yes, there is much support here. The people are great and offer much encouragement. Check back often.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 07:44
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

Greetings and Welcome!

I was in a marriage like that, gained alot of weight and hurt like hell. Hurt worse when it was over until I found myself again.

Congratulations to you for realizing that you are important and focusing your sight on the goals ahead. I wish you the best of luck in achieving success.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:03

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

i love that attitude! u go girl! i truly believe u cant be happy in any relationship (marriage, friends, family, etc) until you are happy with yourself. congratulations on embarking on a better life
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:07
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi trish, with an attitude like yours you're gonna do this girl!!!!!! I came here about 3 months ago and it was the best thing I ever did!! Good luck and keep your journal up to date - you'll find loads of support!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:23

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Trish
There's so much support here...you'll love it here. On days when things are tough, I hang out here more. It gives me a lift to see people taking charge and changing their lives to get what they want out of it.

Congratulations on the courage to love yourself enough to leave an unhealthy situation! I know how hard that is.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:31

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

Welcome Trish -

I am so proud that you are taking time for yourself now! It's about time. You will LOVE this place. You will gain insight, buddies, encouragement and much support.

Glad you are here!

Adrianna (MilanoSI)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:40

Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Welcome,

You have made the first step ( which is always the hardest you know!!) Each step after this gets easier and easier until you are running full tilt towards the new and happier you!! Keep it up, stop by often it helps alot to talk with people who are having the same problems and understand fully. Good Luck to you..you can do this.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 20:54

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

Hi Trish,

Welcome to the TDC. It's a great place to come for support and encouragement. Marty
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 21:14

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

Welcome Trish!! You will find TONS of support, wisdom and guidance here! You can do this!

~ Lori
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 04:18

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome aboard Trish! It is a long journey for us but it can be fun along the way! I am glad you are joining this terrific bunch of losers! If I can do it anyone can do it .

Orchid