Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 00:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Man this is Unreal...52lbs Gone

Hey Everyone
Well its been right at seven weeks since I started...Doesnt seem that long...They say time flies when your getting old...quess that must be me..anyways....Weighed in this morn...380...52lbs gone....When I think about it I am almost at a loss for words...But you all probably have figured out how long winded Iam by now(Comes from 15 years of driving Big Trucks and being a bucket mouth on the CB...10-4...roger dogger...will crash)
The first 4 weeks were supper fast....than on week 5 thru 6 about 9 days I would lose a lb gain a lb....also was experinenting with Frakenfoods...LC ice cream...lol...Cut those out even the advantage bars I ate thru induction by the end of 6 weeks another 5lbs gone...now this week 5 more gone..52lbs total...No more Frankinfoods for me ....Been searching the LC recipe links and have found a lot of things there to give me variety and are realy good...much better for you too....
Two things that happened to me...one made me feel good the other was embarssing as hell....
1st Went out to start my Big old GMC conversion Van it hadnt been used in awhile...just wanted to make sure battery stayed charged up...got in seat was where it was before i started Atkins...steering wheel use to push against my belly had to have tilt up all the way couldnt even see dash gauges...well i got in put the tilt down all the way had about 4 inches between it and my belly....Man that made me feel good...actualy able to see the gauges for the first time...
2nd....Now you all have to keep this one a secret...Thought I would die...went into my local Winn Dixie...doing my shopping....no problem...reached up on a top shelf to get something from the back of it........(Drumroll)....Bang....My sweatpants had gotten so big that they fell down around my ankles in the flash of an eye...and I do mean Flash...I go commando....LMAO..now not then....looked around hopeing no one saw me...no such luck...Little old lady about 80 had the gawk on me...exit stage left....came home .....pulled out clothes I used to wear....Guess what they fit some of them...so from now on when I go shopping its Jeans and a belt and Suspenders too...lol....I just hope there wasnt a security camera on me or I might end up on funniest videos on TV...or worse in jail for flashing an old lady
Anyways you guys have a great day...hang in there...Peace Out...Big John
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 01:50
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Dude, way to go, that is great!!! But... you go commando?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 02:19
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations on all fronts. I say: You go, Commando!"
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 02:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 416/205/205 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations Big John, on a job well done. And a big "high-five" for coming to the conclusion that the "Frankenfoods" just ain't our friend. I never was able to overcoming those dang food cravings until I completely eliminated them from my eating plan.

Keep up the good work, I loved hearing your story
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 03:48

Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

BBQman.....Commando=old Hippie Habit....No underdrawers...lol....Big John P.S. Way to go MrE....12.5 in 7 days.....^5's to you Rock And Roll On....
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 07:26

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Boogie - Congratulations on a job well done! I love the story about your pants falling down. It would have been worse if you gained 52 pounds, reached up on the shelf, and SPLIT your pants! It would have been harder to get out of the store . It is so great to see how wonderfully you are doing.

Orchid
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 08:45

Stats: ***/***/*** Female ***
BF:

Wow, Big John! Way to go on the weight loss!!! You are really doing fantastic!!!

Pants! Just think of it as a good thing. It shows you just how much progress you've made. (and not just you, I guess!) But don't fret about flashing the little old lady. Probably was the high point in her day! At least she'll have something new to talk about when she gets home, huh?

Again, congratuations! You're doing great!!! WOOHOO!!! YOU ROCK!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:01
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 256/233.6/150 Female 62 inches
BF:50

Bet the Winn Dixie is packed with little old ladies waiting for your next shopping trip! Maybe their granddaughters too!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:10
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Congratulations, John! You are an inspiration to many.

I fear, however, that you have earned yourself a new nickname - Commando. I literally laughed out loud here at work when I read that. I gotta tell you, had that been my dear sweet (late) Granny, she would have relished re-telling that story for a long, long time. I'm sure the phone lines were a-buzzing what then little ol' lady got home that day. Probably the best trip to the grocery store she ever had!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:15

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

WTG, I loved reading your story. Congratulations and keep up the great work Boogie.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:35

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

haha. sorry bud, had to laugh. thanks for sharing. i really needed a good laugh today. congratulations!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:38
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

How exciting - 52 pounds!!!! You realize, there is a part in all of us that would be thrilled to have our pants fall down... a sure sign of success!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 10:27
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

John, I am sitting in my office laughing at your pants story!! People around me already think I am crazy and I'm happy to continue with their opinions intact!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 10:47
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

TOO funny!

Yup, you are going to be the highlight of some bridge game or quilting circle for years to come!

Way to go on the loss! That's what it is all about, getting those pounds off and getting healthy!

Val
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 11:52

Plan: WOW Rx
Stats: 435/390/265 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey going commando is an old Army habit. . .

When you get wet, it's one less thing you need to worry about drying. . . uniform dries quickly and you're good to go.

That's awesome. I'm having the same problem. Jeans that fit when I was 362 are falling off me at 332, but I'm too cheap to buy more pants until I get down to maybe 300 or so.

The plan is to be at 300 by July 4 so I can live a month with baggies until then.