Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Tried on some old (and new) clothes last night

I decided to see if a favorite skirt of mine that I haven't been able to wear in ages would fit again. It did. It is a pretty black skirt with hot pink roses on it. I tried it on with a salmon colored jacket I bought not too long back. The Jacket I've never worn because I was a little too optimistic when I bought it and it didn't look good across my big bust.

Last night it not only fit, but it buttoned and looked great! I couldn't find a blouse to wear with it though so now I need to go out and buy myself a nice black blouse.

I used to have one, but I'm not sure what happened to it.

It is so exciting to finally be fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years. I guess something must be working in spite of all my worry and complaining.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 23:35

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

Trying on old clothes and having them fit is the absolute best, isn't it?

Good luck with the blouse shopping!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 08:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Another thing

It is really exciting to have things fit that didn't. About 7 or more anniversaries ago, my husband bought me a gold bracelet that I wore for a long time. It barely fit when he bought it for me, and then one day I broke it. One of the links became open in such a way that I couldn't repair it. So last night I found it again and decided to try to fix it, the only way I could was to remove the broken link (which took up about 1/4 inch of the bracelet).

Then I was able to put it on. I was kind of surprised, but my arms HAVE been getting thinner.

I was talking on another board with some girls and we were talking about things we noticed about getting thinner. Things our bodies are suddenly able to do that they weren't able to do before.

Like for instance I found myself sleeping on my stomach the other night and I haven't done that in years and it was comfortable!

She said that she was really excited to figure out that suddenly she could cross her legs when she had not been able to for a long time.

When you've been really fat some of these ordinary things can become a real luxury.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 09:36
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I know what you mean Sherry, I tried on a few of my 18 year olds
pants and they were too big and she wears a size 12 junior.

I have also noticed and my DH commented too, is since doing BFL and doing UBWO that my boobs are nice and high (with a bra of course). They never were before as a matter of fact I use to have to tighten the arm straps to keep them up and that was uncomfortable. Even though I can't actually see a big difference in my physique, little things like that are very noticeable.

Aren't we just awesome