Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/166/145
BF:
Progress: 73%
Question Should I increase my carbs?

I am still extremely tired and sluggish all day! I get PLENTY of sleep every night. I was wondering, if I increase my carbs will my energy return? I have never been very energetic to begin with but never this bad! I already had my thyroid checked along with every thing else in February of this year and everything is fine! When I started to lose weight I was eating 2 fruits (usually strawberries, oranges, or apples), 2 slices of diet bread, 4 servings of veggies, and 24 oz of protein and I felt really good.

However, my weight loss quickly halted after 3months and I was stuck at 169 for 5 months! This WOE is working, I am down 8lbs since strictly following induction for 4 weeks, and a fat fast.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 16:47

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Just an observation...

Hi:

From what I have been reading about your feelings lately, do you think that you might be clinically depressed, from the stress with your hubby, etc? I know about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I went through a very depressed stage with panic attacks due to work. I was listless and tired and I will lie in bed all day, getting up to eat is a chore. I didn't even want to go shopping. (that's how I can gauge, how sick I was...) Anyways, what finally brought me around was seeing a psychologist for about 1 month and she pointed out some things to me and I am a lot better now. But some days are worse than others.

For my work, we have a EFAP plan (Employee Family Assistant Plan) that allows you to see as many sessions with a counsellor as you like; you can talk about any problems you might have confidentially, from substance abuse to counsellor for marriage and family and dealing with difficult kids issues. Maybe you can look into it for yourself. Some hospitals also have some sort of clinic for med students to hold some sort of workshop for stress.

See if that will help.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 17:07

Plan: ZONE
Stats: 240/185/175
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Too much sleep?

Just a thought, are you getting too much sleep? If you are getting more than 8 hours, I would suggest cutting back, getting out of bed earlier and going for a walk.