Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/167/136
BF:
Progress: 53%
Wink New Atkins Supplement - Extraordinary Results!

And this extraordinary supplement to Atkins? Renting an apartment in London that's in an old Victorian terrace house ... and the apartment is at the very top of the building and that's 8 twisting, winding, steep flights of stairs up, folks. No lift (elevator!) available. Add to this 4 weeks of 6 hours daily of walking London's streets, commons and villages and you get a weight gain of 3 kilo of muscle and a size drop in clothes due to fat loss.

But, oh my Lord, the price of meat in London ... very Atkins unfriendly! How do you UK-ers do it?

Had a fabulous 4 weeks away - but came home to house that had been flooded during a freak tornado - add to the 8 flights of London stairs another 54 climbs up and down my cellar steps to empty out the flood waters in my cellar and you have a much fitter and healthier girl than before.

But what I'm happiest about is that I was able to break Atkins to and from England - I had a first class seat, and I simply wasn't going to refuse the food and service available - and yet get back into ketosis within 24 hours after going back to an induction diet. And no cravings, either ... although I really didn't have a sweet tooth before. Actually, I wasn't all that impressed with the chocolate the cabin crew plied me with, although the beer was a delight.

Feel great, and love this entire Atkins deal.

Last edited by Isphet : Sun, Jun-08-03 at 16:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default welcome back, Isphet

glad that your time in London was full of exercise and fun. I love that city - must get back there some time. Sorry to hear about your flooding here at home though. Sounds like you are coping well and able to maintain your sanity and your new WOE!

Jan