Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%
Angry whatever?!?!

Ok I started up again on induction on thursday I weighed myself( Iknow I shouldnt LOL )and i lost 3lbs until today i was up 2!!! ya right there is no way, I have ben drinking same amount of water everyday and no change in eating!? could it be water but 2 lbs??? HELP..... ........................IM GONNA EAT THE KRISPY KREMES IN A MINUTE (no i wont but im mad)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't panic - we all know darned well that it's impossible to lose or gain several pounds of fat in a number of *days*. Remember, a pound of fat is about 3500 calories. That's how much of a calorie deficit you have to create to lose a pound of fat. So, we're talking *weeks* to gain or lose several.

I know Dr Atkins promises near-miraculous weight loss on induction, but it rarely happens that way, especially on repeated attempts.

This would be tough, but if you're really getting freaked over two pounds, you need to stay off the scale. It's only upsetting you and you don't need the extra stress.

Hang in there!

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Sep-16-03 at 11:38.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:39

TRUE, ya I do know about the calorie , pound thing, I just get worked up I wanna be slim so bad its been so long since i have been, I want it now LOL ...thanks
devil
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 11:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%

I know what you mean about wanting to be slim, also I have weighed myself one day at 165, then the next it say 167 I get so mad but at the end of the week it is back down I dont know what is going on but it happens to me all the time! Just hang in there one day you will weigh yourself and you will be done 4 instead of up 2!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 12:47

Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

my wife -- who is extremely analytical -- calculates a trailing seven day average for her weight. She weighs herself every morning and plugs that into a spreadsheet which calculates her average weight over the past seven days to even out the natural ups and downs.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 12:53

I have a chart too, but I hate when I see that thing go up and down not just down LOL . Its a good idea though...ty
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 20:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Actually, the Carb Addicts diet advocates taking a daily weight, and averaging for the week. It's supposed to give you a clearer idea of the trend, while allowing you to see that your weight can fluctuate WILDLY over a period of time, but the general trend is down!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 23:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm sure that it's water retention. Is it time for TOM? Don't worry about it at any rate. If you are not cheating, it's not fat.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 10:36

well today i was back down 2lbs, i know the scale can make u cringe LOL, and I do know before my TOM i can retain water I'm still 1 week and half away I think it can start 2 weeks before am I right?? anyway thanks for all the advice and support couldnt do it without you guys!

Last edited by devil03 : Wed, Sep-17-03 at 10:39.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 13:42
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%

Dear

hi, I'm on induction, too, and somewhere around day ten I got tired of the scale reading 165 for five days in a row. (I lost most of the six pounds during the first four days of induction) I just went scale-nuts and was jumping on the scale throughout the day. Then, I realized that I was just making myself crazy (and husband who would have to hear wailing sounds of agony coming from the bathroom!) so I put the scale away and am only taking it out on Thursdays (self appointed weigh-in day) This way the normal ups and downs don't make me insane.
Erm: don't get me started on the ketostix though.
--jasmine
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 14:04

lol why whats up with keto-stix, never turning color, or always purple and not losing weight ?? LOL I know the scale is an evil thing!