Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 173/160/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Question Questions from a newbie

How much does caffeine affect going into Ketosis? I love my coffee, but I’m willing to give it up!

What are some fast breakfast suggestions? Of course, I was eating cereal everyday and I’m not too keen on protein for breakfast everyday.

Has anyone tried the Lo-Carb protein bars? I really like them and thought they could be a good breakfast after Induction. Only 3 gm of carbs and they are sweetened with Sucalose which I believe is OK.

I’m a definite "pear" shape in that I hold fat in my lower body. Does this mean I will have trouble losing weight on a low-carb diet?

How do you get the pictures and % of weight lost over where your stats are?

Thanks for your help!

Carolyn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295.5/287.5/142 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I think caffeine affects each one of us differently. You'll just have to try it and see. You can always switch to decaf.

About breakfast - if you don't like bacon and eggs, you can try this:

1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
3 TB heavy cream

Heat on the stove at medium heat until it thickens, stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from stove and add 1 TB flax seed meal, 1 packet splenda, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.

This makes a kind of pudding and is fairly fast and easy. I usually add a pat of butter and another packet of Splenda.

I've tried numerous lo-carb bars. EAS AdvantEdge I like the best. But they do have hidden carbs and can stall some people, especially if eaten each day. Theres also Carb Solutions and Atkins among others. The powdered low-carb shake mixes by Carb Solutions are really good and they don't seem to have hidden carbs like the bars. I don't they would hurt on induction.

To get the pics and all, go to edit your profile. It's pretty self explanatory.

Hope this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-01, 05:48
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Default breakfast

Some fast things that have worked for me:

Celery stuffed with Cream Cheese
Macadamia Nuts - 1oz has 1 Carb
Cheese

Be careful about bars and drinks with Sucrolose. They can cause stalls like no other. Try them but if you see no weight loss stop.