Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 17:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Bummed out but still determined

Well, I was already to start my Induction week today, reading my book and wrote down some menu ideas (all below the 20 g a day level) but let me tell you when things don't work out the way we plan them. Last Friday I started out with a sore throat, didn't pay too much attention and throughout the weekend it got awful. Last night it was so terrible that my ears were killing me, I could not swallow at all and was up all night. I was still determined to start this because last night I had made tuna salad and divided it into three containers with my lettuce. But let me tell you.....I went to the clinic and I have a major infection with the swelling so bad that it brings tears to my eyes when I HAVE to swallow. Needless to say the last thing that I want going down this throat is tuna or chicken I barely get the applesauce down with the antibiotic.

So I suppose that I will let the throat and ears heal and just getting going next week. I do have some questions

1) Should we exercise during Induction?
2) Should I continue to read the book or read as I move along my phrases?
3) Can we use recipes that have a trace or less than 5 g. of carbs. even though they only contain the acceptable foods?
4) Is Feta cheese acceptable during this time?
5) Is cream cheese acceptable during this time?

Thanks and will stay here until the end...
Sponsored Links