Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 22:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 213/197/165 Male 5 9
BF:38
Progress: 33%
Default Re: Ketotis

I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 11 pounds. During this time my ketotis color was moderate. Four days ago I drank a glass of chocolate milke. I cannot get my ketotis color back to where it was prior to drinking the milk. I only eat meat, fish and have small sallad. Any suggestions why my color has not progressed to where it was four days ago. thanks tom
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 01:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/196/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 43%

I can't answer your qustion, as the same thing happen to. For me I was initially off all coffee and tea along with the carbs. Shortly after, started drinking regular tea, even with spenda, the ketostiks quit turing purple..It took a few day to get colour bak. The one other thing I noticed is that I was not drinking as much water as I should have been, and when I started to drink more water, the color improved..

Best of luck..
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 13:03
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm the exact opposite. When I don't drink much water, my sticks are dark purple. The more water I drink, the lighter my sticks are. People say not to worry so much about them as long as you are loosing weight. That's hard for me though because I like the reaffirmation that things are happening.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:35
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

First off if the stick is even the most moderate color you are in ketosis. It is like saying I am just a little pregnant.

Second, those sticks don't neccessarily show if you are in ketosis period. They aren't reliable. If you have odd breathe or an odd taste in your mouth, odd scent to urine and/or decreased hunger you are in ketosis.

But realize that some LC plans don't even go low enough for ketosis. So if you are losing weight... RELAX!