Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%
Default LC ice cream?

Anybody know of a LC ice cream? Do they make such a thing? I'm not an ice cream freak but once in a while it would be great to have a bit.

I appreciate your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:18

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Never tried it (can't find it!) but there is a brand people talk about on this forum called Le Carb. I also think Blue Bunny makes a low carb.

The best option is to invest in an ice cream maker and make it yourself!

yum... ice cream.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

I actually bought some of the LeCarb ice cream yesterday. I of course checked the label. 6carbs for on half cup, and it says there are four servings in that one pint container (whatever) That still seemed high, but the I picked up a ben and jerry's (the flavor happened to be chunky monkey) and it had 30carbs per half cup....so the 6carbs didn't seem that bad. Hubby picked the flavor cinnamon (what is that all about???) it tastes lovely. I would guess the problem would be : how do I not just sit there and eat the entire pint? Well, it is nice to know it is there, and if I could limit my intake, a good choice, definitely something for you to try when on OWL
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:59
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by molmerlin
I would guess the problem would be : how do I not just sit there and eat the entire pint?

I put the Le Carb (lemon's my favorite) into a pretty ice cream dish that only holds 1/2 cup. I then put the Le Carb container back in the freezer BEFORE I take that first bite. It works for me! I only eat it once or twice a week and it feels like a great extravagance.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 11:31

Stats: 225/225/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I know my local Wal Mart has the Le Carb ice cream. I know they carry Blue Bunny also, but never looked to see if it was low carb or not.

They put the Le Carb in an end freezer and it caught my attention the other day. I thought it said 6 carbs, 2 of them being glycerol which I thought you could subtract like you can Maltitol.

I'm not ready to try anything yet that contains any of those as I am not sure if it would stall me or create any sugar cravings. Soon maybe. I don't really want anything sweet so the extra carbs don't really hold much appeal right now.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 17:31

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%

I've had the Le Carb chocolate and the choclate almond. Both are goo, though
the chocolate almond had wayyyy too many
almonds in it for me!

Mostly I've been good about serving size,
I use it as a desert and divide it up equally between my husband, dd, and myself.... more than 6 carbs this way, but it's gone and no more temptation.

Curious to try the cinnamon, but thought that an odd flavor! Might try it now though thanks to Molmerlin

I do agree with Skamito, an ice cream maker would be great! We had one before we moved and I dearly miss it!

Kara
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:04

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

I have bought Suzanne Somers ice cream mix for an ice cream maker - you get two boxes (each has Vanilla, Mint, Chocolate, and Coffee), so you get 8 packages total for around $20. It has a couple of carbs per half cup (use heavy whip cream).

It is delicious when it is first made - but when you put the rest in the freezer it gets very hard (although it still tastes good!). I threw a few pecans in with the chocolate and it is great.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 07:36

Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. I think I am not yet ready to have some ice cream in the house, but it's really good to know it's there. I have to pull back a bit because I went nuts over nuts yesterday, but some day when I'm feeling the need I will perhaps try out some of your great suggestions for some ice cream.