Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 22:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Cool Hello everybody

Greetings! I've been LCing on and off for a few years now, and I sure wish I had found this forum before. Reading the postings has been great, and I don't think I've ever seen such a supportive group in my life.

I first tried Atkins after getting frustrated training for a marathon. With the running books all recommending 60-75% of calories from carbs, I was going nuts gaining weight while running more and more. I've restarted this fall after a job change, and I'm really hoping to reach my goal.

A friend gave me the DANDR, which explained my situation perfectly. Not long thereafter my father told me he had been diagnosed with diabetes, and (oh by the way) my uncle was diabetic too. So, LC is my woe and hopefully a diabetes prevention program.

Wow- long post from a newbie. Sorry! Looking forward to hanging around in the future.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 22:50

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Welcome Catspaw

Love your name.
You are right. This is a great board and you will find compatible people to help and commiserate with you on your journey.

The biggest help is to start a journal.

This will help others understand where your success and pit fall are hiding in your food intake and exercise output.

Good Luck
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 23:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Wink Thanks

Thank you, Penelope

I think I will start a journal, although I've not done one before. I keep an exercise logbook though, so I guess it's the same thing. My only problem is that I tend to obsess about the stats in it. Just yesterday morning I read through the past 3 months of it, which would be fine if I hadn't just done that the day prior.

If nothing else it will help figure out what's going on during the inevitable stalls!