Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 05:26

Plan: KISS Lowcarb
Stats: 182/175/132 Female 159cm
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default School Reunion in October 2004! Yikes!!

Are you facing this dilemma this year? I definitely do not want to look like the Goodyear blimp on October 9 when I go back to my old school. Can we walk, talk and lo-carb together on our way to lookin' good? I'd love the company.

I have only just started on Barry Groves "Eat Fat, Get Thin" with a few modifications - I'm not having any bread, milk like he suggests. I'm staying around 30g carbs per day. I'm not having any packaged lo-carb stuff, just natural food, with a lot of it being organic.

I have not been exactly been going gang-busters with the exercise. I walk for about 20 mins per day, but I think I'm going to have to increase that to 2 x 20 min walks to see any results at all.

My weight has not moved for 2 weeks now and I think I have been sneaking over the line quite a bit with regard to how many carbs I'm eating. So, as from now, I am reallly taking note of exactly how many carbs I'm eating in the way of veggies. I haven't got time to muck around - I've got 19kg to lose. My goal is to weigh 60 kg. When I got married, I was 52 kg but that was many many moons ago and I will never see that weight again! And to think that I saw myself as fat then!!

I feel very calm since I started the lo-carb WOE. NOrmally, if I start a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet, I panic and it takes all my energy to continue the torture! 3 weeks had been my limit. But this is easy and satisfying. It's actually quite a relief not having to think about lots of food choices. And it certainly makes shopping a breeze - butcher, greengrocer, deli and I'm done!

I'm off to bed now.
Didi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 07:44
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I had mine 2 years ago, and never went cause I didn't want to go back being fat. I left HS being so thin and going back being fat would have been the worst day of my life if I had gone.

Good luck to you.

You can do it.