Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 23:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292.5/277.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Length Of Time For Weight Loss

I'm curious to you all out there who have lost a lot (50+ lbs) on the CAD/CALP and how long it can be expected to take, what the loss patterns are like, etc. I'm been on the CAD since late September after doing Atkins for 3 weeks. I lost 12 on Atkins and have lost about 12 on CAD. Last week I lost 3 lbs. Since last Wednesday, I haven't lost any. I know it goes in waves but I just wonder what causes the peaks and valley's. I'm just wondering what the average loss I can expect to lose in a months time on a monthly basis. Thank you and good luck to everyone!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 00:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi gingerbear!

I can't speak personally about CAD, but I can tell you that the most you should expect to lose in the run of a week is 2 lbs of fat. (which is actually quite a bit--volume-wise) You may lose more than that in the form of water but it will not be a continuous rate of loss. It may come in fits and spurts.

I always found that I lost in cycles. It may be related to TOM somehow because water retention is greater at certain times. It usually happened every 4-6 weeks I would drop a couple more pounds and then hover in between. Now that I am closer to goal it has slowed down a lot...not to mention I allow myself more indulgences than before.

Everyone's metabolism is different due to their age, sex, dieting history, current weight, and their lifestyle, so don't get discouraged if you don't lose at the same rate as someone else.

Take care,

KC
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 01:24

Plan: CAD/Atkins/CALP
Stats: 265/176/150 Female 164 cms
BF:
Progress: 77%

I have lost around 60 pounds doing both but mainly CAD. It has taken 3 years to get where I am sometimes I get frustrated and sometimes I cheat but I never give up and have faith that I will be a thin woman one day. Dont give up. I believe low carbing regardless of what form is the answer to most weight problems. It certainly changed my life forever.