Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 05:30

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: //150
BF:to much *LOL*
Progress: 12%
Default Are you eating Yogurt?

I have read alot abt this eating yogurt and it only being 4 carbs.I have started eating it and love it!!!!!!!It has been a great summer time treat for me.I started induction again and ate a yogurt this morning,I am pretty sure i should have not ate it but you know how things are.Anyway i would like to hear what you all think abt this yogurt thing
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 05:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/143.0/135 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress: 60%

Hi Jennifer - I eat yoghurt a couple of times a week. I use the plain, whole milk kind and add frozen blueberries - let them thaw while in the yoghurt. Some people add a little splenda, but I like it just like that. I hear it's really good for you, fairly low carb and we get our calcium.
Diane
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 06:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Oohhh yogurt......boy it has been forever since I had any! I am waiting til I am halfway to goal to add any new foods but yogurt will definitely be one of them!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 09:37

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Arrow

I was eating yogurt last year during OWL....my weight loss slowed down tremendously. I tried eating yogurt again recently, knocked me right out of ketosis and gave me terrible cramping (lactose intolerance?). I ate Dannon Whole Milk plain yogurt with a splash of DiVinci Peach syrup. I know its not the syrup cause I've had it on other things. I wish I could eat yogurt
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:17

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was careful to measure how much yogurt I was eating during OWL. But now that I am in maintenance I don't have to be so careful.

The kind I eat here (in Holland) is fat-free and artificially sweetened. With 4 gm carbs per 3 1/2 oz.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The Danon yogurt only lists 1 active culture, though it may have more it's not listing. To get the benifits of the lactose eating bacterias, try to find one that has at least 3 live bacterias. I found a brand called Mountain High at Albertsons which is really good. Some people just can't eat yogurt too, but try getting a more lively one before giving up totaly

I eat 1/2 cup yogurt every day (except for the enxt week as I'm moving and not shopping for food till after). If anything I think my weight loss has sped up isntead of stalled. I was mixing it in things when I had an organic nonfat kind because the taste was so acidic. Since switching to the Mountain High which has more fat I've found I don't need to add anything, it tastes great. Maybe if I hadn't had the nastier stuff ebfore it wouldn't taste as good *g*

I've also found that it doesn't irritate my lactose intolerence. It is about the only dairy besides a small amount of cream cheese occasionaly. I eat it at breakfast as that is my lowest carb meal, so my carbs are more spaced through out the day and I have more chance of burning them. I've also found it makes a good substatution in recipes that call for cream.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:32

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

I too missed yogurt, and started eating it again recently. I mix in some fresh berries and Splenda-and it's VERY yummy! I use the Dannon all natural, full-fat kind.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%

Lucky me -- I have no problems with dairy products of any kind. I have full-fat dairy almost daily: yogurt when it's hot, cocoa when it's cold.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:56

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Yes I too eat it all the time, but always a good brand,Natural and full fat plain, then add my fruit or N/S jam, sometimes both. It has never bothered but W.L.

I have also made my own from 2% milk.

Sometimes I add just 1-2 tbsp of cottage cheese to it.

Cheers Kathy

Last edited by Kathy54 : Tue, Jul-08-03 at 10:58.