Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 18:31

Plan: LC (Began 0/0/00)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 0 ft 0in
BF:--/--/--
Progress: 5%
Question Question for CAD people...

I HATE most vegetables.

My question is this:
How do you manage to eat 2 cups of vegetables for Breakfast?
Do you REALLY HAVE TO eat the veggies?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 03:32

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Theresa

I very rarely eat vegetables for breakfast, although they have snuck in a couple of times lately. For me, it isn't that I don't like them, cause I do like most, it is more just that it doesn't "feel right". I think as time goes on, I am gradually starting to think of breakfast as "Complementary Meal number one" more than as traditional breakfast. So maybe that will mean more veggies down the road.

I ate almost nothing but eggs and the occasional bit of bacon on weekends for breakfast for months and months and did just fine on that. Feel free to read some CAD journals to get an idea of what people are eating. A lot of us post daily menus.

Good luck
Tracy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 03:36
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default hello

well I actually don't eat breakfast except on rare occasions...I am not hungry for it and on CAD you should eat if your not hungry....I sleep late even when not working so i just eat lunch a little while after getting up

I have had a big salad with lots of real bacon on it with eggs once at JB restarant
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 06:32

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default Veggies for breakfast anyone?

Sometimes I eat them, sometimes I don't. It hasn't seemed to hurt my weight loss (when I was trying to lose).

I would mix them into my eggs. Usually mushrooms or olives. Maybe a tad of tomato.

My husband does this WOE also and he has veggies in his eggs most every morning.

Sometimes I would keep celery sticks in water in my fridge (upright in a glass) and would grab one of these with breakfast just to round it out.

Sometimes, though, I just have eggs and cheese

Do what feels right and what works. Veggies are better because it gives you a better balance, but FOR MY BODY, they don't seem to be essential to successful weight loss.

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 07:36

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

What about cucumber? Do you like them? Peel the skin off and eat it like a pickle in the morning. It is very good.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 15:55

Plan: lowcarb hybrid
Stats: 185/150/144 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

That was a good idea about the cucumbers. Thanks! Cucumbers in vinegar or a tiny bit of sour cream hit the spot even at breakfast. I don't really like veggies but since this plan is really working for me and veggies are a big part of it, I am determined to eat more of them. Another thing that has really worked for me is to make a very simple soup. I use low-carb chicken broth (1 gram of carb per cup), one cup for however many servings of soup I'm going to make. Usually I bring 2 cups of broth to a boil and add 2 servings of frozen veggies. Last night I added frozen cut green beans and frozen cut okra (hey, I'm from the south). Let it cook for a couple of minutes and you're done. It was hot and actually kind of filling (also the first time I'd ever eaten okra voluntarily and it was good!) I have also cooked up a spinach/cauliflower mix using frozen of both and added a bit of cream cheese at the end. That was also good. I'm tryling to get away from adding cream or cheese or cream cheese because I think adding all that fat might negate some of the good of the vegetables, but a little bit added at the end for seasoning adds a lot of flavor. I thought if I had to face another salad I would run out of the room screaming so this soup thing is working out well- at any CM, for me.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 16:38

Plan: south beach
Stats: 224/168/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I sautee a couple of sliced zucchini til just tender, add in a 1/2 cup of eggbeaters and a handful of shredded cheese, top with some peppersauce and I'm there--i do the same thing with sauteed spinach--gives you a BIG plate of food which is what I am looking for--volume!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 13:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I eat veggies at alot of breakfasts, but certainly not 2 cups worth.

I will fry bacon, then fry shredded cabbage in the grease. Crumble bacon into the cabbage and then top with eggs.

Zucchini has browns topped with eggs

Omlette with spinach and feta, or spinach and mayo

One thing I don't do, but see in resteraunts is a mexican omlette with pepeprs and onions for veggies.