Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 14:26
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Walgreen's is Low-Carb Heaven!!

Okay, it's probably a marketing ploy to coincide with all the new year's resolutioners jumping on the low-carb bandwagon , but I don't care. I just went to Walgreen's to pick up a lc candy bar and they had a whole huge section devoted to low-carb products!

They had Atkins products, such as the bread mixes,Morning Start cereal, syrup, barbecue sauce, Crunchers, and even the new fudge swirl ice cream bars! Plus, they had Keto hot cereals, baked cheese chips, and all kinds of candy, meal bars, and cookies. I was amazed at the selection, much better than my local GNC or health food stores that I have been to!

Anyway, just wanted to share since Walgreen's stores are everywhere and usually convenient to get to. Oh, and, half the stuff was on sale! Bonus!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 14:33

Plan: Introduction to Atkins
Stats: 170/170/125 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress:

We have a Wal-Mart here, and they are doing the same thing with the low carb section. Makes it so much easier than trying to find the things you are looking for and you have the selection right there. I recently tried the Atkins brownies - to die for. They are so moist that they melt in your mouth. Good Luck...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 14:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Bed Bath & Beyond in the Chicago area has revamped their stores to include health & beauty aids (a huge selection) and they also have hundreds of LC products.

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 16:25

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Around here Acme is getting a nice LC selection. All the mixes, ice cream, etc. Nice to see.

Gotta check labels on the "off" brands though. Some new companies are starting to get creative with their packaging/labelling.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 240/203/150 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 41%

It is so much easier to get the products now...everyone from local groceries, restaurants and Wal-marts to Walgreens, GNCs and health food stores are carrying more varieties and convenience products. If you are like me, be careful...I buy a lot more to "try" and have found that a "carb creeeep" has taken place! The more convenient products they put out, the more I've been eating and the less I've been healthy at-home cooking!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 09:24

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

The trick now is to keep track of where you get the best price for each item. The pricing difference can be huge.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:28

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

I just found a great online place to order LC foods. I see Atkins Morning Start Bars anywhere from $5.78 to $6.99 per box in my local area and they are just over $4.50 here http://www.vitaminshop.com/ .

Have fun shopping. I am in no way affliated with the company, it's just has very low prices.

Every month they have different specials and sometimes free shipping with orders over a specific dollar amount.

Magic
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:42

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Thanks for all the good information.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:03

Plan: lc plan
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 0'0
BF:
Progress: 86%

our superwalmart set up a HUGE section of low carb stuff. actually there are two, one by the dietary suppliments near the beauty department and the other is in the grocery section. the prices and selection are great but walgreens is good too. they have a lot of the keto products.