Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/204/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default How bad was my cashew attack?

Yesterday was a bad, bad day. I was home all day working on homework non-stop from about 5am until after midnight, and I went crazy with cashews. I probably had around 70 carbs, all cashews. Some way of staying on induction, huh. Day 17 started out okay .. but.. I don't know what happened. I ate all my protein but was still hungry, had too much homework to go to the store, and so I had one serving of cashews at 9 carbs .... then I couldn't resist. Everytime I went downstairs to the kitchen, there they were. DH came home and wondered what happened to all his cashews. And my stomach hurt all night, sharp stabbing-like pains. I didn't get sick or anything, but I slept with a hot pad.

I will probably stall because of this, but is it possible to stay on Induction after this little foray? This is the first time I did something like this.

Feeling guilty and blue,
busygirl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 07:07

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

First, I would say stop beating yourself up!
Today is a new day and a new beginning.

Go back inro Induction and I think all will be well. It may cause a bit of a stall but shouldn't be the end of the world.

Nuts scare me because I'm inclined to pig out on them. Have my jar of Macadamia in the cupboard but haven't really started on them yet. I love all kinds of nuts.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 11:09
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

You're a better woman than I am, Barb. Once I figure out how to get my whole head into a jar of cashews the world may never see my face again.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 11:17

Stats: 193/179/165 Male 68 inches
BF:26.5%
Progress: 50%

I was a cashew addict years back. However, when I ate them, I would get awful stomach aches. I later found out that the cashew plant is in the same family as poison ivy. Perhaps there's a reason not to eat them?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:04

Plan: Atkins (Induction)
Stats: 184/178/154
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Smile!

Nobody's perfect, and I'm sure almost everyone has cheated a little in some way or another. The main thing is that you are developing a new eating lifestyle, so if chowing down on cashews is not something that you do all the time, then it's not part of your lifestyle, and you're still meeting your goals Just take one day at a time!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I'd like to recommend that you avoid buying cashews until you feel more in control of your plan. Are there other nuts which don't cause you to lose control?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 18:40
Registered Member

Stats: 211/204/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I think I will avoid nuts, altogether, until I decide to go on to OWL. That will be a couple months, but I will survive. I haven't even had nuts since Thanksgiving; I don't know what got into me!!

Thanks for all the friendly words, I don't feel quite so bad, now. At least it wasn't pizza or chocolate cake!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:17

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

That's the spirit!! I have to confess, the other day I was stuck in the ER with my son for over 8 hours (he had an ear infection) we had no money and long story short we were absolutley starving by the time I got to an atm. The only thing close was McDonalds. at that point I did not care!!!!! I gorged on a #2 meal consisting of 2 cheeseburges, and fries and a diet coke. I was up all night in the bathroom (my tummy let me know that was a no no!!!) So I know how ya' feel.

Hang in there, like you said at least it was not chocolate cake. There is a plus to every negative!!!!