Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 16:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%
Default Can't figure this out

I'm a little puzzled, I've lost 18 pounds now in 7 weeks, but my waist size has'nt changed. Bust and hips have dropped, I do tons of Abs work, stretches ect, during my Aquasizes, 3 times a week.

Anyone have suggestions or comments, been there done that, help please.

Cheers Kathy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 16:27

Stats: 245/219/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

WOW...you're doing great! I don't really have any useful suggestions for you except I know I had a pretty straight up and down figure even when I was slimmer. It's annoying though when you have to buy clothes to fir your waist and end up with droopy drawers! Maybe it's just your body type. Hang in there and I KNOW you'll see continued results.
Sue
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 16:36

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Kathy, it's not possible to measure everywhere, everytime. You have to believe that it's possible to lose fat in those places you don't check / see / measure. 18 lbs in 7 weeks is great! It's a sign things are working.

You're not alone, btw. My scale hasn't budged down one lb in the last 3 weeks, yet the test pants I tried on 3 weeks ago and couldnt get past my hips I can wear now - albiet not very comfortably

Let it work and enjoy the fruits of your labour!
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 16:39
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Dimensions

We lose weight in different places at different times. Your waist is probably the first place you gain and the last place you lose. Or at least a later place. Just keep on the plan and it must eventually respond.

Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:04

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Oh, the thighs...

For me, it is the thighs! They have not budged the slightest in eight weeks. I work out regularly, have lost almost 5 inches in both my waist and hips, but those darn thighs insist on retaining that THUNDER title!

Seriously, my thighs are now only 5 inches smaller than my waist! And I have the opposite body problem of you guys...in order to get the pants to fit my hips and thighs, I usually have about 4-6 inches of extra material in my waist!

Let's just have faith that it will all come off in the end. Otherwise I am going to look really funny!

Amy
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:30

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Amy,

Don't feel bad. I am the same way. Thighs are the hardest for me to lose.

Kathy,

Every body type is different. I lost my boobs first and my waist. It is my butt and thighs that feel like they need to hang around. I keep telling them to leave but they are sure taking their time!

Now, I wouldn't mind if those boobs came back for a visit!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 17:54

Stats: 222/197/135
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up

I had the same problem three years ago when I went on this WOL. But I use to have this trainer measure me every month... and all at once .... whoosh! It was like the 4th or 5th month. She had to measure again to make sure it was correct as it was such a big difference from previous months. I'm expecting the same thing to happen this time. Not sure why, but I remember worrying about it just as you are.

I do this little thought process when I'm exercising ... I envision parts of my body and I say to myself... 'burn fat'.... 'lose inches'.. etc. Not sure if that works either... but it doesn't hurt with positive talking those areas... LOL!

Anyhow, I'm sure it will come. Keep it up... you're doing marrrrrrrrvelllllouuuuuuuss darlin!

#8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 18:03

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally posted by brn2boogee
I do this little thought process when I'm exercising ... I envision parts of my body and I say to myself... 'burn fat'.... 'lose inches'.. etc. Not sure if that works either... but it doesn't hurt with positive talking those areas... LOL!

So I hope no one will laugh at me during my next work out when I am singing...

(to the tune of "Mary had a little lamb")

Amy has two thunder thighs, thunder thighs, thunder thighs,
Amy has two thunder thighs, that really need to go!

#9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 18:04
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My waist is the last to budge as well. It is very frustrating but the body changes in its own ways and it does change!

Keep at it!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 00:52

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Gee, thanks for all your great and interesting responses.
I guess it'll kick in sooner or later, this morning I did sit ups, for the first time in years I could do them, so that says a whole lot does'nt it.

Yep my thunder thighs are gone, as is the fatty rolls on my back, so really can't complain, was just wondering how others have done.

Cheers Kathy