Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 21:42

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Atkins Bars - YUCK

Well, I just had my first Atkins bar.. the Cookies 'n Creme flavour and it was HORRIBLE. Quite the nasty medicinal aftertaste. I won't be buying that one again. The 3Carb bar I had last week was much better.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 16:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 265/265/200 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Jean I just had a Cookies & Cream bar last week too, and I rather enjoyed it. I guess it's just our taste buds that have the like or dislike. I have tried most of the Atkins bars at one time or another, and don't mind any of them. My favourite is the coconut flavoured one. Have you tried other ones besides the Cookies & Cream?? The peanut butter one is OK, and also a praline one I think. I have been buying mine at shoppers Drug Mart, on sale right now for 2.79.
Sorry you didn't like it.

Glenda
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 62/58/54
BF:
Progress: 50%

I also saw they have a smores taste. Did any of you have tried it? I also read they are making a new formula for the bars. What shall it be???
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 15:31

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

I also disliked the cookies and cream, but find the S'more INCREDIBLE. Seriously my favorite, followed closely by coconut. I love the little crunchies in the S'more kind. Very tasty.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/128.5/125
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default call me crazy

...But I actually like most of the atkins bars. They're no snickers but still kinda yummy and satisfy my sweet tooth. The coconut is definitely the best though, soooo coconuty!! hee hee
I though the cookes and cream was allright though, and i also tried the chocolate and the choco-peanut buttter. Both pretty good. But maybe I'm just nuts heh heh

-Angie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 10:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Skamito,

I agree with you on both the s'mores and the coconut. I had the s'mores for the first time last week and OMG it was so cool. It felt really decadent. I also like the coconut. Reminds me of a mounds bar.

The cookies n' creme is just OK. After a few bites you get past the alcoholly taste.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 09:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%

I like all the bars =/

Bad thing is , keeping away from them on induction

They arent snickers, but I would take them any day, as a sweet that is supossedly legal!!!!!!