Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: General lowcarb
Stats: 224/203/150 Female 66
BF:35/35/25?
Progress: 28%
Question When is it offically a STALL??

Hello Everyone,

Question when does it offically become a stall?
I weigh and measure every Saturday Morning. I have been on Atkins for 4 weeks, induction foods only for the first two weeks and have stuck to 20 carbs since the but have tried some low carb specialty foods for breakfast (sick of all eggs).
I lost 2 lbs for the first week and 2 the second and a few inches here and there. This last two weeks nothing at ALL, no inches no weight. I am following the book and working out slowly 3 times a week since I am so out of shape.
I just started using FITDAY.com and it make getting my daily numbers easier but I have tracked them all this time and they are the same. 70% fat, 25% protien and 5 % carbs and an average of 1200 to 1600 cals.
So is it true am I in a stall??? what do i do now???
Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.
Peachy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:38
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

An official stall is 4 to 6 weeks with no weight OR inches lost. So, you are not in an official stall, yet!

What do you measure? I was doing only my waist for the longest time. Then when I went into a period of time where I wasn't losing weight weight or inches I started measuring other areas. I found that I lose inches in only one body part at a time-I was losing inches, but in weird places like my wrist or forearm. Try measuring LOTS of places. My workout partner says she has lost a half size in her shoes! Who knew we had fat feet?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: General lowcarb
Stats: 224/203/150 Female 66
BF:35/35/25?
Progress: 28%

Thank you Paleoanth,

I measure about 8 areas, all the biggys but you are right I could add more and see what is happenig in those areas too.
Peachy