Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:42
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Post Sugar Addiction Challenge

I want to start a challenge that will take three months. And its during the hardest three months of the year. October, November and December.
I want to be cured of my sugar addiction. This isn't a simple matter of not eating sweets its also the mental need that it creates in you and how down you can get when you are having withdrawals. I want to start with an induction with a limit of sweetners to what is suggested in Atkins book: three packets or equivalents. I'm only going to have my advantage bar and a single fruit2o, and one diet soda. I also think there should be no desserts. However, with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, there has to be some low carb options for us or we'll break.

I would like to post how many sugar free days we have. I would also like anyone who is feeling down to post so we can help cheer them up. Would anyone like to join? You can post your start weight and one thing positive about being sugar free.

Ok for me: I'm 284, and I want to be sugar free so that all the donuts, cookies, cakes, chocolate, candy corns, Baby Ruths (right Steve?)and M&Ms snacks that come through my work won't tempt me anymore. (I'm even to afraid to game for my cravings are awful!!). I'm starting tomorrow October 1st.

Who wants to join? Ps any of you Cheat free people want to give advice??
Oh and anyone want to make me a Sugar free thing so I can put it in my signature?? Thanks

Last edited by Lessara : Tue, Sep-30-03 at 10:44.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 09:59
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Well I had a good start so far today. Thankfully no donuts came in and I've been avoiding going near the front of the office where the chocolate and candy is. I'm very sad today. A friend of mine has passed away. So temptations of carbs are visiously high.