Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 21:35

Plan: dr charles clark
Stats: 280/280/210
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry Week 3 Oh No Gained 1 Pound!!!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR=darkblue]

I AM [B]IN MY FOURTH WEEK OF THE DIET AND LOST 6 POUNDS THE FIRST WEEK, 4 POUNDS THE SECOND WEEK..AND WOE PUT ON A POUND IN MY THIRD WEEK.
I HAD STUCK RELIGIOUSLY TO THE DIET .. HOWEVER I DID HAVE SOME VODKA AND DIET COKE, THE PUB DIDN'T HAVE CAFFINE FREE .. COULD THIS HAVE STALLED ME FOR THAT WEEK ...ANYONE WITH ANY IDEAS OR ANSWERS I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU.....ALSO I HAVE GOT 140 POUNDS TO LOSE AND WOULD LOVE A BUDDY EITHER SEX TO KEEP ME COMPANY...

THANKS
JENNY :daisy:
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/242/155 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Big Bird
It is possible that the Vodka thing could have stalled you a little. Are you excercising more? If you are and building muscle that could be why also. . It is also normal to fluctuate a little just due to Hormonal changes during the month.
You did great the first two weeks! Dont get discouraged Keep in touch!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:51

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I had the exact same problem (gaining 1 lb) a few weeks into Atkins. I came on here, read all the stalls and even went to the ATkins center website and read about stalls etc etc.

The best advice was from someone here, who said that with all the weight they have lost, they probably lost it 2-3 times.

Every once in a while I gain a pound, as others have said they do, but it will be lost don't worry. AFter all you still lost nine right ! I know a lot of people suggest not to weigh yourself daily because when you gain a pound it's easy to get off the right track. But keep yourself on it because in the end it will be worth it.

38 pounds later and it's still working for me ! Even with an extra pound here and there.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 20:38

Plan: dr charles clark
Stats: 280/280/210
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile week 3 oh no gained 1 pound

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLYS..... I AM STILL ON TRACK AND FEELING FINE.. I NOW UNDERSTAND THAT IT HAPPENS TO OTHERS AS WELL AND DON'T FEEL SO BAD. AGAIN THANK YOU ..