Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 11:09

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 247/229/175
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default I'm a newbie

Just found this site last night. I'm overweight, my husband is underweight, is diabetic and has high cholesterol. We're hoping that the Schwarzbein diet (suggested to us by his diabetic educator) will help both of us.

Any and all suggestions, information, and support from this group will be greatly appreciated.

Idkwilter
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 12:42

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi there and welcome to this site and the SP discussion group - can you see my official greeter uniform?

Please feel free to ask any questions that you need to here...everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 14:09

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 247/229/175
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thanks, Lisa, for the welcome. I think my biggest question at this point is how to adapt this 'diet' for both an underweight and an overweight person. I guess lots more protein for the underweight one? My husband weighs about 122 #, and is approximately 5'8". I should be so lucky! Last time I weighed 122# I was in 7th grade, and that was a LONG time ago. We haven't officially started on Schwarzbein yet, just talking about it and trying to get geared up to start. I thought joining this group might help us to get motivated.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:11

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Donna -

According to the SP book...if your husband is seriously underweight, when he eats according to her plan, he should put on weight. This WOE will is supposed to bring the body into balance at its ideal weight.

I'll be interested to hear how he responds -- we don't often get a chance to see the weight gain side of it as most people are here to lose weight.

122...wow! I was probably in Grade 7 or 8 myself!

Lisa