Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192.5/169/145 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 49%
Unhappy Less is more?

a question.... if I am taking a multivitamin, and am taking the physlium husks for the fibre.. do you think that it matters or even that it might help if the carb count for the day is say only 5, or 10 ? The reason I ask is that it is often the case, I actually have trouble reaching to 20gm mark. Is it actually neccessary?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 04:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

just try to keep as close to 20 as you can.. looks like your doing great. how do you feel? had the same problem
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 04:59
Registered Member

Stats: 323/248/238 Male 193 cm
BF:BMI=30.2
Progress: 88%

Hello Keisha,

Put simply ... yes. Those carb sources should be in the form of nutrient dense green leafy veg. The multivitamins and husks only compliment, they don't 'replace'.

I'm not a nutritionist ... but I have found that my weight loss and general health has been maximised the closer I adhere to the ANA. When I have reduced the carbs to your levels I've found that it's significantly reduced my effectiveness during exercise and overall well being. It's a law of diminishing returns.

Good luck with your ongoing weight loss, and congrats on the 20lbs you've already lost.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 07:54
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

You need those veggies!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 08:49

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I would totally agree with the other posts. Keeping your carbs under 20 will not assist your weight loss as the body makes carbs as needed on its own. The 20 carb limit is really the lowest you can be at and be healthy. If you start feeling unhealthy because your carbs are TOO low you will not stick with this for the long run because your body will rebel and that can lead to binging behavior. If you have trouble keeping your carb level up you might consider adding blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or other low-carb fruits to your diet. Good luck and welcome!

Orchid
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 22:07

Stats: 192.5/169/145 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 49%
Smile

Thanks guys, for all your replys, I will pay heed to all those who have gone before me, and keep as close as possible to the 20 grams, your advice is really appreciated.