Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 05:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 253/242/153
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile living in melbourne needing help

hi this is my 1st time here looks good. have done atkins for 2 months now,only a couple of kilos have come off which i dont understand as ihave gone down 2 dress sizes. been off program last 2 weeks as tragedy in family lots of carbs being eaten,back on track this week really tired for 2 days and have had the runs really badly most of the week is this normal? when you have heaps of carbs and start back, its worrying me a little. Looking or low carb bread cant find it. Getting sick of eggs for breaky any suggestions. Thanks for reading this hope to hear from you guys soon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 05:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello again Taac,

One thing I didn't say when I answered your "Intro" post, was that if you've been losing inches but not pounds/kilos, it means you have been losing fat. You've also gained a little muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat does - so it takes up less space.

So, well done!

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/250/150
BF:
Progress:

How about having the new FibreX cereal. I get mine from Southland at Cheltenham. It is expensive, $12.15 but you get 14 serves. And it is superdelicious.

I have the suggested serve 1/2 cup, add 1tsp Splenda, 2tbl of linseed meal (Stoney Creek) 1/2 cup water I have heated in the microwave and 2tbl cream. Then I slice 3 strawberries over the top and try very hard to eat slowly.

Very very filling.

Dale
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 00:41
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 161/131/125
BF:30%/25%/22%
Progress: 83%

It's good to hear the FibreX cereal is good. l only found out about their food last week and am going to go and buy some. They are pretty quick over email and can give you a list of stockits.

http://www.empowerfoods.com.au/

There's also PictureOfHealth, and they've been very helpful. I use their muffin mix *all* the time. I eat one a day. They're really great.

http://www.pictureofhealth.com.au/

Alison