Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 10:05
Registered Member

Plan: The Vegetarian Low-Carb
Stats: 187/149/144 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Dealing with eating out with friends

So I've had two very carby days, one I anticipated (a big work event with very carb heavy foods) and then an unexpected outing with a thin friend whose favorite restaurant in the whole world is a noodle house with a gourmet ice cream place right next door.

Here's my issue--I do not want to discuss how I eat with other people. That's not a conversation I wish to have except for a few core friends. Of course I food issues, but I don't want to be that person discussing her food issues because I honestly find that conversation tedious. And unless you are going through it, nobody cares.

I guess I'm trying to figure out ways to minimize my carbs without making it obvious. At the noodle place I only ate a few mouthfuls, but of course that was too much in terms of carbs. I tried to focus on conversation, but people notice if you aren't eating.

And the ice cream was a shared experience (I actually don't regret the ice cream--it was unusually good and a proper treat and well worth every carb). My friend will remember being the first person to bring me there and introducing me to the place.

I'm back on track today. Following LC is very easy when I'm alone. It's when I'm in a social situation it becomes tricky.
Sponsored Links